Towing a D

/ Towing a D #1  

panther1400

Bronze Member
How do I tow a D series? I got a code of 50-67, which means, Servo coil under current. Dealer says it is something with the drive, I start it up put the arm down and it gives me the code, eventhough the the parking light is off the wheels just skid when I pull it. Manual says call dealer for towing instructions.

/ Towing a D #2  
My Bobcat skid steer has a bypass knob in/under the cab which can be pulled to allow towing. Does the Toolcat? I would bet it has a way to be towed. I have a hydraulic driven 11,000 lb manlift that I had to drag/skid off a trailer once with tractor. Not pretty but it can be done.

/ Towing a D #3  
Panther,

If the 'D' is the same as an 'A' the short answer is you basically can't tow it but you can move it.

The previous models have a hydraulic relief valve under the passenger seat that is used for hydraulic system maintenance but does not allow the machine to be towed. The brakes do not disengage when the pressure is relieved.

FWIW, to move an 'A' model you need to purchase 4 tow bolts. These get installed in place of the brake plug bolts. Then you remove the shuttle plugs from the front and rear drive motors. With the shuttle plugs removed you remove the shuttle spool, washers and springs. After you re-install the shuttle plugs (with spool, washer and springs removed) you can move the machine no more than 25 feet while not exceeding 2mph. Basically just enough to load it on a trailer.

dsb

/ Towing a D #4  
panther - did you get your d fixed? i am very interested in the new design but a bit hesitant to go for a brand new model with so many changes.

ts

/ Towing a D
They checked all the connections and decided it was the drive control not an electrical connection problem, once that was replaced it works fine again. It only took a week of down time, the dealer said it is pretty complicated to tow a D but it can be done.

/ Towing a D #6  
panther1400 said:
They checked all the connections and decided it was the drive control not an electrical connection problem, once that was replaced it works fine again. It only took a week of down time, the dealer said it is pretty complicated to tow a D but it can be done.

A week of downtime can mean a loss of a lot of money or productivity to some people. I hope they can get to the bottom of problems quicker in the future.

/ Towing a D
It was monday late afternoon when it broke, called dealer he came out Tues found the problem and ordered the part then July fourth in there and then the weekend back running Monday afternoon. It gets back to some of the prices people pay for equiptment might make a difference on the speed of service, maybe?