Tractor can't start after installing new starter

/ Tractor can't start after installing new starter #1  

Willsk

Tractor
Massey Ferguson
I have just installed a new starter on my vaaljapie tractor but when i try to start it it's make loud noise , as if the starter is not properly aligned with the fly wheel. How do i check if the starter properly aligns with fly wheel. Battery is fully charged and wiring correct. Anyone with an idea

/ Tractor can't start after installing new starter #2  
The starter does not align with the flywheel. Activating the starter spins it and centrifugal force throws a small gear forward to engage the flywheel which then rotates the engine. If you do not have the correct starter it may not be throwing this gear to the point of engagement. Compare the old and new starters very carefully for shaft length and freedom of movement of this gear.

/ Tractor can't start after installing new starter #3  
Also double check that the gear on the new starter is correct tooth profile & diameter to engage into teeth on flywheel.

/ Tractor can't start after installing new starter #4  
I have just installed a new starter on my vaaljapie tractor but when i try to start it it's make loud noise , as if the starter is not properly aligned with the fly wheel. How do i check if the starter properly aligns with fly wheel. Battery is fully charged and wiring correct. Anyone with an idea
Are you sure you have the proper replacement starter; did you take your old starter to match it up, and finally is it a rebuilt starter or brand new?

/ Tractor can't start after installing new starter #5  
The starter does not align with the flywheel. Activating the starter spins it and centrifugal force throws a small gear forward to engage the flywheel which then rotates the engine. If you do not have the correct starter it may not be throwing this gear to the point of engagement. Compare the old and new starters very carefully for shaft length and freedom of movement of this gear.
And does it move freely and is it lubricated if applicable.

/ Tractor can't start after installing new starter #6  
Also, were there any shims on the old starter to align it, which you didn't put back in?

/ Tractor can't start after installing new starter
And does it move freely and is it lubricated if applicable.
Thanks for your response, i have noted that it does not move freely as the old one so where can i lubricate it

/ Tractor can't start after installing new starter
Also double check that the gear on the new starter is correct tooth profile & diameter to engage into teeth on flywheel.
Thanks i did a count they both have 9 teeth , i might need to measure the diameters

/ Tractor can't start after installing new starter #9  
I fought a hard starting tractor for a couple of years. The starter would grind away at the ring gear without meshing. I even split the tractor and reversed the ring gear to have a new start on things. That didn't accomplish anything. I bought a new starter from the local automotive electrical repair shop that had been in business for half a century and had seen nearly everything. That didn't work either. In fact, the front housing of the starter cracked after just a few attempts. I researched and read all that I could on this particular tractor for months and finally got my answer. My tractor was a gasser and someone, prior to me buying the tractor, had put a starter for a diesel engine on. I had been repeating the mistake by matching the new starter to the old.