Tractor Family Tree

/ Tractor Family Tree #11  
Case/IH/New Holland will be dropping the DX series compacts because the New Holland name is selling better. There may be some potential for new tractor buyers to get a better deal on a DX soon.

/ Tractor Family Tree #12  
D7E said:
Ford also had their name on Versatile and steiger tractors in the 80's and 90's
and i see new holland have their name on kobelco excavators and Ag Chem rogator sprayer , only 754 i think ( baby model ). And Buhler have the old genesis tractor , have they altered the old genesis or just red paint?

Only change was from NH blue to Versatile red and name on the hood.

/ Tractor Family Tree #13  
John Deere has a poster (saw it in a JD dealer's office) that shows all the in breeding. Of course it shows JD as a continuous unbroken line and does not show any of the Japanese makers.

/ Tractor Family Tree #14  
N80 said:
John Deere has a poster (saw it in a JD dealer's office) that shows all the in breeding. Of course it shows JD as a continuous unbroken line and does not show any of the Japanese makers.

Why should it? The tractors are / were subcontracted, and not produced by a subsidiary or wholly owned entity. If you showed that, you also have to show the subcontractors to: Ford / NH, and IH as they also have Japanese companies producing products.

/ Tractor Family Tree #15  
Glowplug said:
Wow!! I knew there were some relationships but I didn't realize there were so many mergers and so much inbreeding! Does help explain a lot of the confusing manufacturer nomenclature though. I guess Kubota and John Deere are outsiders crashing the family reunion!:D Although I heard somewhere that Deere and Komatsu have some sort of relationship. Makes ya wonder if Kubota and Deere are actually Japanese cousins!!:eek:

Hitachi has been building Deere Excavators for yrs. I wish JD would give the Compact Tractor line back to Yanmar, those were quality compacts.

David

/ Tractor Family Tree #16  
While I was working for Case, they and John Deere both bid on the Steiger tractor, Case won, but could this mean there could be some John Deere blood in the Case line of Steiger?

/ Tractor Family Tree #17  
swines said:
Why should it?

I didn't say it should I just said it didn't.

But, from a consumer's standpoint I'd rather know who is actually making the stuff than who owns the company on paper or what color they paint the tractor.

/ Tractor Family Tree
N80 said:
I didn't say it should I just said it didn't.

But, from a consumer's standpoint I'd rather know who is actually making the stuff than who owns the company on paper or what color they paint the tractor.

Amen. I've seen the poster you're referring to. I am almost positive it is a John Deere marketing poster. It shows the tangled web of inbreeding amongst the tractor companies with a straight line for John Deere. . .colored green. I guess it is supposed to say that John Deere has been around longer than the others, is stable, and has not had any change in the executive ownership.