Tractor replacement

/ Tractor replacement #1  

bobcatyooper

Tractor
2019 Toolcat 5600
I've been looking at the toolcats for awhile, well I finally sold my John Deere 1025r as it just wasn't big enough. I figured it was time to get serious and I found a 2015 5600 with 100 hrs. for just under 50k it has every option but the 29" tires and the HTC. Just wondering if the HTC is a requirement. I will be doing mowing, snowblowing, combination bucket, fork and auger work. I figure it would be easy for the ol lady to drive when I'm gone to work on the road as she wouldn't use the tractor. It will also be nice to take the kid along on tasks when I am home. So is this the machine for me? Will it have the traction to use the combination bucket as a dozer blade? In advance I do know about the 5610 just want the dump bed as I never used the rear pto on the tractor.

/ Tractor replacement #2  
HTC can be added to that toolcat if you find you need it. Don't know what it cost.

/ Tractor replacement #5  
Does it have high flow under all the other options?

I don't have htc on mine and it mows fine. We use it mostly on the ranch and use a chipper, 4n1 bucket, land plane, auger, skeleton bucket (for grading only) forks, and I use my industrial fork grapple. I can't help you with snowblower questions. If I need a snow blower in south Texas, Al Gore will have a heart attack.
What I like most about the newer toolcats is the smooth ride and ability to get where I need to go. What I least like about them after having a B series and owning 12 skid steers with cab and a/c by Bobcat is the noise from where the motor is placed, the noticeable lean to the right when you are getting close to the ROC and the lack of tractive effort when digging going forward and how fast the air filter gets plugged when operating the mower. Love running a mower in AWS, though.
Running a land plane or combo bucket is fine for pushing materials going forward. I think it would run a grader or light dozer blade as long as you don't try and dig too deep. With my combo bucket I find that opening it and going backwards nets me a bigger scoop of material than trying to dig going forward.
I also miss my air pre-cleaner that my b series had. I know I could rig up something for my f series but it would stick out more than I want it to. I also miss my metal a/c coil door and battery compartment. Anyone else have trouble getting their hand under the frame to drain the fuel filter? My wrist doesn't bend that good.
If you can get a mirror, get one. It helps when backing up as well as the rear headache rack.
While I'm listing things, I think it's time for a Toolcat to have excavator type controls. No steering wheel! I love the SJC in my s750 and with the adjustable arm rests, I fit snug and comfortably in the seat. Toolcat could have that, too, and I think it would be more precise.

The dump bed is good, sturdy and dumps quickly and I also use it as a place for counterweight when I grade a road or to carry my chainsaws and tools when I have the chipper attached to it. If I had kept my B series, I would have added an aftermarket 3 pt because it had the pto. From what I have seen, you can still add an aftermarket pto and 3pt that runs off the dump bed circuit? I also lilke the higher hitch placement on the newer series.

Good luck on the purchase.

/ Tractor replacement #7  
Thanks for the concise write up I too am interested in a used 5600 and like you yellowdog I have had thoughts of getting a model that takes the PTO and also adding an aftermarket 3pt to it.

I've seen the Farmboy HD 3pt but it is operated by 1 cylinder that is in the center which would rule out using the PTO.

Anyone know of other aftermarket 3pt options?

/ Tractor replacement #8  
Can someone describe the difference between a toolcat with HTC and one with out. never knew there were 2 options.