Tractor Shipping

/ Tractor Shipping #11  
A few years ago I shipped a car from CA to MI for about $500. The outfit I used trucked campers to CA and would haul vehicles on the return trip rather than have an empty truck. Can't recall the company.

/ Tractor Shipping
Thanks all, I've started the process of finding a shipper, but continue to discuss with dealers and look locally. Patience is all I need

/ Tractor Shipping #13  
3 years ago I had my 15,000 lb. backhoe shipped from Arkansas to N FL. It was an independent arranged by the seller. Cost was $2 per loaded mile. I can't imagine anyone doing it for less.

/ Tractor Shipping #14  
Thanks all, I've started the process of finding a shipper, but continue to discuss with dealers and look locally. Patience is all I need

I have found that you need to be patient after soliciting bids.
Over 3 weeks the bidding for a TLB from Florida to Massachusetts came down from $2600 to $1650.
I did not actually use the shipper (U-Ship) because I did not buy the TLB.

/ Tractor Shipping #15  
Okay, I found the freight broker I used when I bought my boom lift at an Iron Planet auction. Cousins Freight Brokers, 561-257-2947, Ask for Sal. He was very responsive and kept me informed of the ship status, I would use him again.

I bought a 20,000 pound dozer a few years ago (also at an Iron Planet auction) and a freight broker I tried to use really yanked me around and flat out lied to me about it being picked up and on the way to me. I had wired him the money and it took threats to get my money returned. Iron Planet dropped them from their broker list.

/ Tractor Shipping
Thanks John I'll give them a call

/ Tractor Shipping #17  
Okay, I found the freight broker I used when I bought my boom lift at an Iron Planet auction. Cousins Freight Brokers, 561-257-2947, Ask for Sal. He was very responsive and kept me informed of the ship status, I would use him again.

I bought a 20,000 pound dozer a few years ago (also at an Iron Planet auction) and a freight broker I tried to use really yanked me around and flat out lied to me about it being picked up and on the way to me. I had wired him the money and it took threats to get my money returned. Iron Planet dropped them from their broker list.

The guy I bought my backhoe from promised to arrange shipping. He had my money for the backhoe but said I didn't need to pay shipping until it arrived. He jacked me around for a month and a half before I got the backhoe. They did have some bad weather so that was part of the problem but I think the seller kept putting my delivery off to get stuff he bought picked up. Then it turned out he lied about every question I asked him before buying it. He even broke the face on the tach to pry the hour meter down to what he said it had on it. Basically rendered that inoperative and so obvious it wasn't funny. I got it cheap enough I think I still came out okay but I do hate a liar. He is still selling on eBay but his rating is down to 67%.

/ Tractor Shipping #18  
Try Messicks. They sell and ship out of state if you dont have a local option.

/ Tractor Shipping #19  
The guy I bought my backhoe from promised to arrange shipping. He had my money for the backhoe but said I didn't need to pay shipping until it arrived. He jacked me around for a month and a half before I got the backhoe. They did have some bad weather so that was part of the problem but I think the seller kept putting my delivery off to get stuff he bought picked up. Then it turned out he lied about every question I asked him before buying it. He even broke the face on the tach to pry the hour meter down to what he said it had on it. Basically rendered that inoperative and so obvious it wasn't funny. I got it cheap enough I think I still came out okay but I do hate a liar. He is still selling on eBay but his rating is down to 67%.
The scammers are everywhere. Buying equipment sight unseen is always a bit risky but Iron Planet has inspectors that make a detailed evaluation and post anywhere from 30 to 80 pictures of the equipment. Probably 90% of the equipment are prior rentals two to five years old and reasonably well maintained. The boom lift I bought only had 1700 hours on it and is in pretty good condition although it did get a 'spray can overhaul' by the seller (a large rental company. )

/ Tractor Shipping #20  
I just used Nationwide Transport Services out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL to move a New Holland workmaster 60 and 3 implements from VA to NC. Total trip was 225 miles. They have hotshot drivers on contract that can move stuff 10-12k and under fairly quickly. It was a little more expensive than Uship but the driver called me the same day to verify pickup and drop off. He arrived in a newer F450 and 25ft gooseneck with straps and rub guards on everything. I was really impressed. You don't pay up front, just give them a credit card and they charge after delivery.