tractor stalling

/ tractor stalling #1  

papavillars

Hey guys and gals, I have a 2004 Kubota m4900 diesel with 203 hrs. I was putting out round bales and it would bog down everytime I went up a small incline. It will idle on flat ground and seems to run ok downhill and level. I changed out the fuel filter with a new one but is still doing the same thing. Any ideas what else might be causing this.

/ tractor stalling #2  
The brakes locked will seem as though loosing power. Could be a fuel line collapsing when you use a lot of fuel. What is the temp where you are? Sometimes fuel lines can wax up and restrict the fuel lines. I would recommend putting in fuel conditioner if its cold where you are.

/ tractor stalling
dex, thanks for the reply. It is in the mid to high forties. I will try the conditioner. the fuel filter has a clear bowl and it seems to be filling ok after i drained and replaced filter.

/ tractor stalling #4  
a diesel that looses rpm when not really lugging almost always is a fuel starvation issue.. unless it's pouring black smoke.

soundguy

/ tractor stalling #5  
Have you checked the fuel flow out of the tank take the line loose and see if it free flowing from the tank before the bowl. You could have something restricting the flow. Diesel is not likely to gel at 40 degrees unless it is
bio-diesel.