Tractor Tire Size - is bigger always better? (width, diameter, aspect ratio)

/ Tractor Tire Size - is bigger always better? (width, diameter, aspect ratio) #11  
Wider=less soil compaction, is pretty much always true. Ride quality; it might be worth looking at the recommended PSI for the tires. All things being equal, higher PSI =rougher ride.

/ Tractor Tire Size - is bigger always better? (width, diameter, aspect ratio) #12  
I like today's 4wd tractors that have a lower aspect ratio in the front tires which makes sidewall stress and flexing much better (less) than older FEL designed tractors of which I have/had both excluding my 4010 and 4020 JDs with 9x or 11x (as I recall) width 8 ply tires.....the 9x on the 10 a little iffy as far as ground contacting support was concerned....with a full bucket on soft ground it sank more than I wanted......but what did you expect.....yes..........

/ Tractor Tire Size - is bigger always better? (width, diameter, aspect ratio) #13  
Consider carefully, they last a long time (you’re kind of stuck with them. I would go wide and tall as possible. Keep an eye on the sidewall plies and load capacity for the fronts for loader work.
I like Trelleborgs and BKTs for good tires at a good price.