Buying Advice Tractor warranty question...

/ Tractor warranty question... #1  

MossflowerWoods

Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, Gravely 60" ZTR Mower. Stihl MS290 (selling), CS261, & FS190 + Echo CS400 & 2010 F-350 6.4 PSD snowplow truck
Guys,

I'm about to buy either the BC CT450 or the Kioti DK50SE HST.

Basically the same tractor (BC FEL is different I understand).

So BC has only got a 3 year warranty, Kioti has one extra year of power train.

So my question is do have there been enough warranty issues to justify the extra year?

Both Dealers are great. I'm at the point of pricing the options I want, and looking at the financing options.

I plan to pick and commit this week.

Thanks in advance,
David

/ Tractor warranty question... #2  
I've had no problems since my purchase July 2009. *Knock on wood* Most likely if you had a problem then it would surface relatively quick.

/ Tractor warranty question... #3  
no issue with mine either, if you are concerned maybe the price delta is large enough for you to go with the extended warranty BC offers and then you'd be even up???

/ Tractor warranty question... #4  
no issue with mine either, if you are concerned maybe the price delta is large enough for you to go with the extended warranty BC offers and then you'd be even up???

Bobcat does offer an Extended Warranty for the last (4th) year, and also raises the max hour use limit to 3000 hrs. If interested ask your dealer for the price on this if that extra year is of major concern. As a rule any defects are going to show up very early, 200 hrs or less. If you are only going to put 50 hrs. or less on it per year, the 4th year may be a factor to consider.