Tractor weights

/ Tractor weights #1  

feleds

Bronze Member
Tractor
1953 Farmall super c
I used my farmall super C to brush hog a few weeks ago. I found that when I was going up hill the front end wanted to raise up off the ground. So I am thinking I need some attachment to counterbalance the tractor. Can anyone give me advise on how they would attach or where I can find the attachment. Thanks for your input.

/ Tractor weights #2  
Put your mother in law on the hood.

/ Tractor weights #3  
When I google Farmall Super C (images), most pictures show no front end tractor weights hanging off a support.
Some Super C's seem to use front wheel weights mounted inside the front rims instead. However, it looks like a few "pulling" Super C tractors have a customized bracket they've fabricated that's mounted off the front of the tractor (Using factory bolt holes in a plate at the front of the motor along the side of the radiator?)
https://www.google.com/search?q=Super+C&biw=1360&bih=755&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIoeGnr6zyyAIVAlk-Ch37RQQq#tbm=isch&q=Farmall+Super+C&imgrc=ZQLQEm5isw9pfM%3A

/ Tractor weights #4  
The front wheel weights seems to have a pretty decent price tag on them. They usually go for $70 to $100 each. Yeah, crazy I know...

I prefer the wheel weights over a bracket, simply for the reason the front end is not carrying the weight. But, then I got several sets at an auction years ago, for $20 per set. Got 2 sets on one tractor, and a set on the other. It does make a big difference.

If you don't want to get a bunch of money in some wheel weights, I'm sure a bracket will work fine. And an odd ball rear wheel weight can be found at an auction, or on Craigslist pretty reasonable. Maybe even check at a tractor salvage yard for an oddball rear wheel weight. 50-60 lbs out that far can make a big difference.

/ Tractor weights
Thanks for your replys I did forget to mention I have the wide front wheel base not the side by side tires in the middle.

/ Tractor weights #6  
Pull type mower or 3ph?