tractor wont start

/ tractor wont start
i cleaned the ground at frame

/ tractor wont start #52  
" But you have to isolate the cause of the heated ground wire before messing with the rest of it."

Often heated cables or wires suggest internal corrosion but for sure it can't carry the amperage it should to drive the starter at correct speed.

For how little it costs, install a new ground cable, and be sure that there is good bare metal where the ground cable is attached.

Crappy corroded cables (wire) will carry voltage but not amperage and a starter wants lots of amps!
Just might be the cause.

/ tractor wont start #53  
" But you have to isolate the cause of the heated ground wire before messing with the rest of it."

Often heated cables or wires suggest internal corrosion but for sure it can't carry the amperage it should to drive the starter at correct speed.

For how little it costs, install a new ground cable, and be sure that there is good bare metal where the ground cable is attached.

Crappy corroded cables (wire) will carry voltage but not amperage and a starter wants lots of amps!
Just might be the cause.

YES!!!!!

Also if engine is not solidly bolted to frame (as it should be) is there a ground jumper from frame to engine block....

IF it were me, I would run new ground cable from battery to any bolt holding starter to bell housing or engine block...

Dale

/ tractor wont start #54  
YES!!!!!

Also if engine is not solidly bolted to frame (as it should be) is there a ground jumper from frame to engine block....

IF it were me, I would run new ground cable from battery to any bolt holding starter to bell housing or engine block...

Dale
marine grease prevents this problem from occurring in the first place, it keeps the moisture out, and because of it's formulation, the grease never dries out, and is very resistant to even rain..

/ tractor wont start #55  
marine grease prevents this problem from occurring in the first place, it keeps the moisture out, and because of it's formulation, the grease never dries out, and is very resistant to even rain..

My preference is either dielectric grease, or NO-OX-ID compound...

Dale