tractor wont turn over

/ tractor wont turn over #11  
A blown head gasket will let the antifreeze into a cylinder or an oil passage. Could be the oil pan has a few quarts of antifreeze under that oil....When the engine is shut down, the oil pressure drops imediately but the rad pressure stays up until the engine cools, pushing AF where it don't belong

/ tractor wont turn over #12  
I guess SaskatchewanBoy either fixed his problem or doesn't care...one post and no responses to any of our posts.

/ tractor wont turn over #13  
His Last Activity: 10-24-2010 02:07 PM (before the first response) You guys have to be quicker... :laughing: He waited 8 minutes... :eek:

Just kidding around but this is still good information... just have to find a spot in the cranium to put it... :confused2:

/ tractor wont turn over #14  
might even be diesel in there from a bad umbrella seal in the IP.

I think I'd par it over.. if it won't bar over it's seized or locked.

if it will bar over.. then I'd look at grounds, and bat cables, ends and terminals.

soundguy

/ tractor wont turn over #15  
Did anyone ever try to see if these suggestions worked and get back to you guys? I'm new and didn't know if I was missing the responce. I am having the same prob with a 6300. The sarter engauges but it is just a hum. The fan turns but r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y. We had another problem with this same tractor that maybe related but not sure so I need your advice.

The other problem was with start up as well but you had to shake the steering wheel like crazy and hope the battery held out long enough for it to finally crank fast enough to start. It has been down for two weeks now and when I finally got a chance to make it to the field to look at it we ran into the first problem I mentioned. Please help...:confused:...I am willing to try anything but, before I tried all the previous suggestions I wanted you to know both problems.

Also, it has a new fuel pump, the tank has been cleaned out (with clean diesel), new fuel lines to the fuel filter, new fuel filter and housing, and a new nutrual safety switch.

I will wait longer that 8 min for a responce, I appreciate all your help!!!

/ tractor wont turn over #16  
Did anyone ever try to see if these suggestions worked and get back to you guys? I'm new and didn't know if I was missing the responce. I am having the same prob with a 6300. The sarter engauges but it is just a hum. The fan turns but r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y. We had another problem with this same tractor that maybe related but not sure so I need your advice.

The other problem was with start up as well but you had to shake the steering wheel like crazy and hope the battery held out long enough for it to finally crank fast enough to start. It has been down for two weeks now and when I finally got a chance to make it to the field to look at it we ran into the first problem I mentioned. Please help...:confused:...I am willing to try anything but, before I tried all the previous suggestions I wanted you to know both problems.

Also, it has a new fuel pump, the tank has been cleaned out (with clean diesel), new fuel lines to the fuel filter, new fuel filter and housing, and a new nutrual safety switch.

I will wait longer that 8 min for a responce, I appreciate all your help!!!

Yes they do, http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/185803-ignition-left-now-wont-start.html

I even posted back when I made a foolish mistake and didn't check everything right away that was suggested. It is only common courtesy to let fellow member know what the problem turned out to be. That way we all can learn. :thumbsup:

/ tractor wont turn over #17  
Thanks for the responce....it gave me some good ideas to try tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.