Tractor work lights.

/ Tractor work lights. #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
I finally got around to mounting a pair of cheap lights to my roll bar. My Kubota L4400 comes prewired for work lights on the fender so I just tied into those. They work great but with two problems. 1. They come on when the ignition is turned on and are not controlled by the headlight switch. 2. I had to mount them below the roll bar and not on top because on top they would get knocked off immediately.:laughing: Because of this positioning you cannot see anything behind you when they are on. I'll experiment with positioning them to the sides of the roll bar since my homemade brackets will fit anywhere on the roller.

But, the bottom line is that I need a switch.

Any recommendations for a simple to wire, cheap, out door switch?

/ Tractor work lights. #2  
   / Tractor work lights. #3  
Food for thought. You could put a relay in that is activated by the headlight switch. Use the connector you are now for the load side of the circuit to the lights and a wire from the headlight circuit to the low amp side(signal side) of the relay. Depending on how the harnesses are on the machine it could be quick and simple, or more of a pain than adding a switch. Again, just food for thought.