Tractors in Banff

/ Tractors in Banff #11  
Ice Fields Parkway:

Been on that Glacier in the winter with skis and everyone roped up.
Rode a bicycle up and down the road going by the Ice fields many a time. Going down passed a car or two a few times but at about 90 kil./hr. my heart gets faint.
One of the nicest campgrounds is south of the hotel. It's a walk in and one can lie in the tent and have a great view of the glacier. Course your water bottle may be frozen in the morning.
What other trails did you venture on?

Egon

/ Tractors in Banff #12  
Steve,

Great pics of the tractors and the Canadian Rockies. We passed through Banff and Lake Louise 2 years ago traveling east from British Columbia. Most beautiful mountains I've seen...even better than the American Rockies. Must be about a dozen times since briefly visiting I've thought about wanting to return there for at least a week. Never had this feeling before about any other tourist destination I've been to.

Thanks for posting and bringing back some good memories.

Regards,
Bob Ancar
Cambridge, NY

/ Tractors in Banff #13  
<font color=blue>That's me in the picture. </font color=blue>

Not only did you get your wife to look at tractors while on you're honeymoon, you actually got her to take pictures of them. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

/ Tractors in Banff #14  
Well, I introduced the topic of traveling with an RV through Canada/Alaska, as a potential 2nd honeymoon, to my wife of 28 years. The example of yours, with pictures of old tractors and the like, was used. NO DICE (and I'm being polite) - the Caribbean and other tropical locations, with forays to beaches and bars, were generally indicated as her preference. You seem to have a unique situation, or your new wife is trying to be an exceedingly good sport - for now. Enjoy it.

/ Tractors in Banff #15  
Your picture was obviously taken before we got several inches of snow on August 2nd!!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

/ Tractors in Banff #16  
Are'nt those fun! We were there a couple years ago. That whole area is soooooo beautiful! I want to go back there again some day; Banf and Kootneay(sp!).