Trade in pricing

/ Trade in pricing #1  

RobA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HST
I'm considering selling my 2014 Kubota L5030HST with backhoe and some implements for a smaller tractor and more useful implements. Anyone care to guess how much of a rough % discount I should expect versus selling everything myself?

/ Trade in pricing #2  
Guess - 15-20%. Depends on the dealer.

Implements take the most hit, in my experience.

/ Trade in pricing #3  
Of course it depends on hours and condition. I traded in a John Deere 3038E this year and got more than I paid for it several years ago. I sold an IH-Case several years ago,
as well as a Massey 35, and for me it was just a hassle with people not showing up or wanting it for pennies on the dollar. You can get a trade in value from the dealer, and
if you think it is low, you can always still sell it yourself. Good luck. Hope you get a nice tractor to work with.

/ Trade in pricing #5  
@TugBarge is correct.

I stopped off at my dealer to see about a trade in. He allowed me to watch as he went online to the same websites we all use, and came up with an average used price. Then he said, "I'll give you 20% less than that as a trade in."

Nice to have an honest, transparent dealer.

/ Trade in pricing #6  
@TugBarge is correct.

I stopped off at my dealer to see about a trade in. He allowed me to watch as he went online to the same websites we all use, and came up with an average used price. Then he said, "I'll give you 20% less than that as a trade in."

Nice to have an honest, transparent dealer.
Great to hear. I work for a dealer and that is exactly what we do.

/ Trade in pricing #7  
I'm considering selling my 2014 Kubota L5030HST with backhoe and some implements for a smaller tractor and more useful implements. Anyone care to guess how much of a rough % discount I should expect versus selling everything myself?

You have a gem of a machine there...my advice is to try and find someone that wants to move up in size and do a trade.

/ Trade in pricing #8  
5030's are nice mid sized machines (I had one years ago, hence my screen name). Depending on condition and hours and if you maintained it properly, I'd expect a trade in would be close to what you paid for it new.

Was underpowered for my uses and actually, I traded it in, in 2002 for my first M9000 cab tractor which I still have.