Traded out NH TC30; new Kubota L3400

/ Traded out NH TC30; new Kubota L3400 #11  
My DX29 Case is about the same age as your TC30 was (is). It has the seat/transmission/parking brake safety interlocks. I find them a pain sometimes, but have not taken the simple step of putting a jumper in even one of the circuits, yet. It's most annoying when I don't quite get the gear selector centered in "N" and dismount thinking it will keep running, then it shuts down about the same time I am on the ground. I am still considering bypassing that one, but the other two will stay. I have ground that averages about a 4/12 slope, so it's a very real possibility for the tractor to roll when I get off. I have stopped with engine running, pedal in the center, and found the tractor wanting to move downhill on quite a few occasions. My habit is to lower everything to the ground -- usually FEL and 900 lb concrete rear weight, set the brake, shift to neutral, then get off.

/ Traded out NH TC30; new Kubota L3400 #12  
I have the B7800 & when I was shopping tractors thought that was the one that was most equal in comparison to the TC30. The L series tractors are a better if your gong to run a hoe or do a lot of ground engagement task work. They have wt on their side. The TC30 and the B series Tractors are a light farming application, landscaping,ext. Its a great homestead application.

All tractors, have soft belly's regardless of who makes it. Skid plates are the best line of defense if your doing logging or anything you feel threats the soft belly.

I to exit from both sides of the tractor all the time. I am little though and have only caught my Daisy Dukes on the PTO levers once in a while. Seems I have learned to maneuver around that too because it has been a long time since that has happened.

/ Traded out NH TC30; new Kubota L3400 #13  
I agree with Timber about the "soft underbelly". Those D@#n branches and limbs you run over in the woods have a special "Knack" for finding parts on the tractor :eek: regardless of make and model. Jay

PS: Welcome back Timber- long time since you posted. :)

/ Traded out NH TC30; new Kubota L3400 #14  
Shu-

That was an excellent write-up. Thanks for taking the time to do that. Lots of good points, in an unbiased way.

/ Traded out NH TC30; new Kubota L3400 #15  
PS: Welcome back Timber- long time since you posted. :)
Thank you I have been around hear and there. It has been a very difficult year in trucking with the fuel and the economy. I have had a lot taking up my time

/ Traded out NH TC30; new Kubota L3400
Thank you, all, for the compliments on the write-up. For a couple of yrs I did freelance for the local county weekly, covering government meetings. Guess the literary but started to grow again.

- shu