Trail Mowers HP

/ Trail Mowers HP #1  

kmulh

I have an AC for the farm (Diesel 700cc) and need a trail mower to maintain a couple of 2 acre paddocks and cut trails through the fields for riding (no bush hogging).
TAS is selling a Swisher for about $1100.CDN but it only has 11.5HP?
Will this be enough HP or should I buy a little more?

/ Trail Mowers HP #2  
I have an AC for the farm (Diesel 700cc) and need a trail mower to maintain a couple of 2 acre paddocks and cut trails through the fields for riding (no bush hogging).

I have a 11 HP Honda on my Trail mower, and I have a 15 HP Kohler I could put on it, but the Honda does fine. . Your speed will determine the quality of your cut. A good sharp blade, and you will do fine.

/ Trail Mowers HP #3  

Tough call - I bought a swisher with a B&S engine on it. It didn't like to start and the cut sucked. My place is kinda rough - so your mileage might differ. I ended up selling it.

D.

/ Trail Mowers HP #4  
alot of engines come with the govenors preset at the factory you could adjust it up a bit to get the rpms up a bit plus i don't know what size blades you have but you could look into them mulching blades they are about 1/4 thick and have like spike like saw blades on the top of the blades i had them on my last mower and noticed they came in larger sizes and when you keep them sharp they will slice right through a 1"sapling very easy and the cut is really good too and the last forever.they was indestructable because i would hit roots and everything with them and they would just cut the roots right in half well worth the money.

Agri Supply - Search Results for mulching blades

/ Trail Mowers HP #5  
I bought a swisher trail cutter used from craigslist & pull behind a gator. Really rough trails, pull starts really easy, does stall or the drive belt slips when the blades hit dirt on the high berms. Also mow pond slopes on 45 degree angles. Takes down 3-4' grass, occasional rock & still going. The OEM hitch sheared off - no swivel, and it takes up a bunch of floor space in the garage.

Sold a DR walk behind 15hp Kawasaki that needed to crank for 3-5 mins to start...

/ Trail Mowers HP #6  
Just sold an acre ease 57" with a 20hp vtwin kohler. Just as a side note. If your kawasaki engine turns over more than three times while your choking it, it's usually means the choke needs to be adjusted. Not always but most of the time. Could be a bad fuel pump also.