Transfer fuel pump

/ Transfer fuel pump #1  

HVACGUY

Tractor
2014 Mahindra 8560
I changed the fuel filters (opening up the low-pressure side). Did the usual and used the hand pump and got air out. i think. Tractor runs great but... now the tractor starts hard and smokes for th first 15 to 20 seconds, after that it is fine. If I restart it right after shutoff it fires right up. Injector repair guy says it's a Mahindra thing and need a transfer fuel pump to pressurize the back side of the FIP. They said Mahindra has a fix for this. Has anyone else done this?

/ Transfer fuel pump #2  
Basically a diesel lift pump? Anytime the injection pump has to suck diesel and then pump it a lift pump will help. How long have you run the tractor aft the filter change? Does the primer pump stay hard In between?

/ Transfer fuel pump
Yeh that is what my injector repair guy said... This tractor doesnt have a lift pump. I have put several hours on it and the problem is only when starting it. I have cracked the lines and purged air and used the primer pump each time. If it sits for a few days then the primer pump is gets soft and can pump it hard with a couple pumps... Im just curious to know if anyone had this problem and if a small lift pump in the suctions line that turns on with the key will fix the starting problem.

/ Transfer fuel pump
Also need this thing to start in the winter (IOWA) and worried it will be a bigger problem and will be doing this when its zero out. Dont like using ether in the intake... last resort. Planning to heat trace the fuel line with 12 V cable and add an inline fuel heater that heats off the water jacket to heat the fuel.

/ Transfer fuel pump #5  
If it is losing its prime you have a air leak, somewhere. Lift pump wont help with that. Even if you do decide after you get your air leak fixed, to get a lift pump I have no idea what pressure or GPM the injection pump would do well with. Your tractor will start in the winter without using cosby in a can. Please dont use starting fluid in a diesel, good way to bend rods or cause other bad stuff.