Transmission Fluid, How much is to Much???

/ Transmission Fluid, How much is to Much??? #1  

Jer

Tractor
Two tractors..both Mitsubishi. MT160D 4WD with a Brush Cutter. The other is a MT1601 4WD with a loader
I just finished doing full maintenance on my MT160D. After changing my Transmission/Hydraulic fluid and installing a new filter, I put the recommended 12-2/3 quarts of fluid in and expected the fluid to overflow through the Oil Level Plug hole, per the Manuel. Nothing came out so I added another quart. Still no overflow. I added another 2 quarts, still nothing came out the overflow. That’s a total of 16 quarts of fluid in the system. I ran a wire in through the oil level hole thinking it may be clogged but there were no obstructions. Should I drain out some of the fluid or just leave the 3 quarts over the recommended quantity??? I’m worried that the extra oil may damage the system. Does anyone have any savvy on this topic???? My 3 point and transmission are working ok but I’m concerned about the extra fluid, and why it didn’t come out the overflow hole.

/ Transmission Fluid, How much is to Much??? #2  
Well I'm no expert but I had to change my oil before I got the manual, so, I dumped the whole five gallon can of oil in my tractor. That just about filled it to the top and I ran it for a year like that with no problems at all. A tiny bit came out the vent hole when I was bouncing around alot but that was it.

/ Transmission Fluid, How much is to Much??? #3  
If the level is not to the check plug , it is not over filled. A transmission or gear box should be around half full. I'd be more concerned about how full it is than how many quarts it used. The book may have a mis-print. If they are overfilled it can lead to blown seals..