Oil & Fuel Tried to Change Hydro Filters Today Whoa...Tight!

/ Tried to Change Hydro Filters Today Whoa...Tight! #11  
Chain wrench.. but I didn't have one at the time ( I do now:eek:).. I wound up driving a piece of 5/8 all thread thru the filter, and using it to break it loose. I drilled a hole thru it first. It was a mess, and it took time. I didn't have any trouble with the hydrostat filter, it was that big honking hydraulic filter put on by the 600 lb gorilla with an impact and then painted over that slowed me down.

James K0UA

/ Tried to Change Hydro Filters Today Whoa...Tight! #12  
Chain wrench.. but I didn't have one at the time ( I do now:eek:).. I wound up driving a piece of 5/8 all thread thru the filter, and using it to break it loose. I drilled a hole thru it first. It was a mess, and it took time. I didn't have any trouble with the hydrostat filter, it was that big honking hydraulic filter put on by the 600 lb gorilla with an impact and then painted over that slowed me down.

James K0UA

I would of liked being a fly on the wall for that job. @$%##!#! Filter!

/ Tried to Change Hydro Filters Today Whoa...Tight! #13  
I would of liked being a fly on the wall for that job. @$%##!#! Filter!

And that was the Mild version!..yes, it ticked me off pretty bad.

/ Tried to Change Hydro Filters Today Whoa...Tight! #14  
Thought of the screwdriver, but if it didn't work, I'm "screwed". (no pun intended) :laughing:

This type of work, once you start you are committed.

/ Tried to Change Hydro Filters Today Whoa...Tight! #15  
This type of work, once you start you are committed.

That is the way I looked at it.. the filter was coming off. If it came off in pieces.. so be it.

/ Tried to Change Hydro Filters Today Whoa...Tight! #16  
I've had to do it many times. **** or high water