Troubleshoot reason for 53 farmal super C stalling iut

/ Troubleshoot reason for 53 farmal super C stalling iut
Update. The tractor will restart immediately after it stalls. Yes it is a 5 for bush hog. The grass is pretty tall maybe 3-4 ft because we have had a good bit of rain this spring. Tractor is garage kept. We got a new gas cap but it doesn’t seem to seat as tight as the original . The original gas cap does have a vent hole that you can actually see through so don’t suspect it’s a venting issue. We added an inline fuel filter too thinking it was a gas issue. While running it we noticed some smoke coming from the oil fill stack but oil levels fine. We are going to cut again today and try these few things and let you know.

It turned out that as I mentioned we saw smoke coming from the oil stack. Well the oil needed changed Once I did that it worked like it should thanks for all your help. We can now close this thread

/ Troubleshoot reason for 53 farmal super C stalling iut #13  
It turned out that as I mentioned we saw smoke coming from the oil stack. Well the oil needed changed Once I did that it worked like it should thanks for all your help. We can now close this thread

I bet you TBNers would never have thought of that,I sure as he** wouldn't. I'll also bet changing oil isn't the real solution but a clue to the root cause instead. OP is happy,so that's what count's.

We did replace all the spark plugs as well added gear lube too. Maybe all that played into it recovering

/ Troubleshoot reason for 53 farmal super C stalling iut #15  
We did replace all the spark plugs as well added gear lube too. Maybe all that played into it recovering

I knew it,:dance1:I just knew there had to be another lubricant involved.:thumbsup:

You guys are the best thankyou

/ Troubleshoot reason for 53 farmal super C stalling iut #17  
Yea guessing it was pl uh g related or the issue has just disappeared for a while (carb issue) . My 200 would stall intermintantly after 25 carb dissassemblies, plugs , wires cap , rotor, coil, compression check I replaced the entire wire harness and then the issue disappeared.