Truck caliper pins

/ Truck caliper pins #1  

jasonzee

Silver Member
Tractor
farmtrac555
I noticed that the caliper grease I use on the break clips does not last long!. So I have grease I use to lube my brush hog would this be better?.

/ Truck caliper pins #2  
You have to be sure it will stand the heat, and use sparingly.

/ Truck caliper pins #3  
I don't know were you are from but I tend to use this stuff Sil-Glyde® Brake Lubricant is a silicone-based brake lubricant recommended for the entire brake assembly, is compatible with plastic and rubber (EPDM & Nitrile), and dampens vibrations between contact points. It is moisture-proof and heat resistant to over 425 degrees F (218 degrees C), which means it won’t burn-off like other brake noise products. Its long-lasting properties provide a noise-free brake installation and easy disassembly.

This is from O'Rileys;
Your brake caliper guide pins allow your caliper to move freely to compress your brake pads. If these pins are not lubricated, it may cause your caliper to stick. This can compress the pads unevenly, causing wear. Poor braking or uneven wear on your pads are both signs that your caliper pins may not be properly lubricated. If you notice corrosion or damage to your guide pins, they should be replaced. You may also need to lubricate wear points on your caliper brackets. Brake caliper lubricant is made to withstand the heat caused by braking. Only lubricants made for this use should be applied. Brake grease should be used instead of caliper lubricant on the brake clips of your brake pads. O'Reilly Auto Parts carries brake caliper lubricant and brake grease for your complete brake job.

/ Truck caliper pins
That's where I bought the caliper grease. I put a lot on the clips so the pads will have no problem sliding.

/ Truck caliper pins #6  
   / Truck caliper pins #8  
I noticed that the caliper grease I use on the break clips does not last long!. So I have grease I use to lube my brush hog would this be better?.

Clean the pins off, clean the bracket and use Sylglyde. Make sure the rubber boots are not cracked.