Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Trygg chains installation

/ Trygg chains installation #61  
After 2 days of mild temperature (7-8°C) and some rain, today temp dropped to -20°C covering the entire driveways with a nice hard smooth layer of ice so I had the "chance" to really test the chains when hauling firewood in loader bucket for the house. I got to say that these chains are amazing gripping through ice making the tractor safe to operate when close to buildings and on steep areas.

Steering was non-existent on that rink quality ice... steering brakes took care of that. From no cab to cab and no chains to chains I think I'm going to enjoy winter a lot more this year :licking:

Frank, for sure a heated cab and good set of chains is the way to go.
Add a back up camera and you'll never look back.

/ Trygg chains installation #62  
Agreed! A cab makes a world of difference. I now look forward to snow but that might change as the season progresses. Chains are also a huge improvement and make it a LOT safer to operate on slick surfaces.

I finally put the chains on the rear tires. It took me about 4 times as long to put the first chain on as it did the second one. With the first chain I think I tried to get it too tight initially. It probably would have been better to just get them all connected and then take the slack out. The second chain went on easily and I found the tool was quite helpful. One use I hadn't thought of, that came in really handy, was to pull the side chain tighteners in and hold them in place while I got the shackles connected to the ends. VERY handy for that operation. One thing I did notice is that the tool could be a little longer. I may just weld another hook on the backside of the tool, that is set further back and then If I need the longer reach I can just flip the one section over. However given that I will probably only use the thing once a year, I may just go with it the way it is.