Trying to figure out the likely hood of this flipping.

/ Trying to figure out the likely hood of this flipping. #1  

shiver

Bronze Member
YouTube - Ferguson 35 halvbandare

Where the guy has the trailer chained to has me confused.

Is this an accident waiting to happen? Or does the fact that the trailer's pull point is equal (roughly) to the height of the chain point negate the risk of flipping, as such to make it equal to below the axle?

/ Trying to figure out the likely hood of this flipping. #2  
Looks like the check chains (which appear to be installed in place of the usual side links) and the hitch arms form equilateral triangles out to the drawbar where the trailer is attached, so although it looks a bit goofy I don't see it as a back flip waiting to happen. Strange looking setup overall, though. Might be fun to see him try to back that thing up. :)

/ Trying to figure out the likely hood of this flipping. #3  
Looks pretty good to me. Doesn't sound like it has the power to do much more than get it moving. There could be situations where it doesn't have enough counterweight in front of the axle. I think I would do away with the 3 ph drawbar and go right to a main tractor drawbar under the axle.

/ Trying to figure out the likely hood of this flipping.
To be honest, I didn't see the hitch arms being connected. Now that makes
sense.

I love the look of the older tractors with tracks on :) That's how I stumbled
onto that one.

/ Trying to figure out the likely hood of this flipping. #5  
As soon as the tractor moves up enough to make the draw point lower, it will get to a point where further backflipping will cause it to push the front down again.

I pull a lot of trees with a chain attached high, to get more traction. I dont see the tractor backflipping in this mud, it will spin out (even with the tracks) before it backflips. Also with this front loader there is enough weight on the front.

I do hate it when the front end comes up more than 2 feet when i have a chain attached high... then i lower it to find a balance point where it will just pull the front wheels off the ground in a controlled manner.

...and off course i dont recommend this practice to anyone (who might just not know what they are doing...) :)