TYM 3 Point lift controls

/ TYM 3 Point lift controls #1  

JPettit

Tractor
TYM T494
I have a TYM T494 and the 3 Point lift controls are very stiff. I have had the tractor for about 8 months and it hasn’t loosened up with use. Is there any way to loosen them up so they slide easier and not as jerky? Thank you. It makes adjusting implements like a bush hog or box blade a nightmare.

/ TYM 3 Point lift controls #2  
Try to follow the 3 pt lever all the way to the bottom where it connects to the pivot shaft.

This may vary a little bit but you'll find a big spring, some friction discs and two studs with a nut and a jam nut. Loosen these nuts equally to take some pressure of the spring and therefore release the friction on the friction discs.

Adjust it till your like the feel of it. Don't go too loose or the lever may start to move on its own with vibrations of the tractor.

/ TYM 3 Point lift controls
Try to follow the 3 pt lever all the way to the bottom where it connects to the pivot shaft.

This may vary a little bit but you'll find a big spring, some friction discs and two studs with a nut and a jam nut. Loosen these nuts equally to take some pressure of the spring and therefore release the friction on the friction discs.

Adjust it till your like the feel of it. Don't go too loose or the lever may start to move on its own with vibrations of the tractor.
PTSG. Thank you so much and I will look at it today.

/ TYM 3 Point lift controls
PTSG. Thank you so much and I will look at it today.
I got to mess with it today and again wanted to say thank you. I was unable to get ahold of dealer ( went out of business) I purchased from and couldn’t find any info on how to. Just figured it would wear in with time. Works like a charm and so much easier to use now.

Attachments

• C95C7151-EB5E-484A-9E80-91E6ED2EF6B8.jpeg
    C95C7151-EB5E-484A-9E80-91E6ED2EF6B8.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 58
   / TYM 3 Point lift controls #5  
I got to mess with it today and again wanted to say thank you. I was unable to get ahold of dealer ( went out of business) I purchased from and couldn’t find any info on how to. Just figured it would wear in with time. Works like a charm and so much easier to use now.
Cool. Glad it worked and thanks for the update.

Sometimes spraying something like WD40 also works in a pinch. It'll eventually dry out and go stiff and hard to move again though.