TYM 451 REVIEW CONTINED

/ TYM 451 REVIEW CONTINED #1  

pholt

Banned
Long day at 104,, my typing is horrible, but "contined", I am so sorry "continued"

I am going to try to continue with this review. The tractor is 30 days old, it has 65 hours on it. First impressions the Humpeloc loader is built plenty solid but the factory hydraulic settings are WAY underpowered. the tractor is also under-geared. The creeper on this thing is stupid low. I have done lots of finish mowing, first with at 72" Buhler finish mower, it can pull it in 2nd high through tough bermuda and fesuce NO PROBLEM. I am getting ready to buy a 12" triplex mower, it should pull it fine.

Chaper 1: Dirt Work: It did awsome, I have a MF box blade, they are just about as heavy as they get. It can pull a 72" blade over the top in hard soil, it is a little bull dog for power, SUPER SUPER SUPER dirty conditions, it ran flawlessley, and the cab was a clean as I could ever imagine. I was very very impresssed, it is so dry in Oklahoma that I could not see the box blade or where I was going, I blew the air filter out for 20 minutes at 200psi air, and it still was dirty, the secondary filter was clean.

I found this tractors achillie's hill. I brush hogged and still am finishing it, 50 acres the other day, we are in a drought ritght now and the weed and dadlions are over 7' tall, the tym 451 started to get warm and cycle the A/C after about 4 hours in the field, now take into account this tractor had 50 hours on the clock, and it was
"never cleaned prior to this"
Anyway it started to get warm, and cycle the A/C, "I WAS VERY VERY MAD" i CALLED my dealer of which I have never mentioned in the review. MY dealer was Creek County Equipment in Depew, OK. They said "Paul, the radiator is clogged, I did not belive it, but after taking it to them "it was" they walked me though it and cleaned it for me, so far for "free" You know that was very nice, most dealers will not do this. I have installed a fiter system on the side panels and hood of this TYM 451 to try to stop the seed from infesting the A/C conesor and radiators, I will let you know how it works.
Anyway so far I am happy, it is 28 days old, it has 69 yours, I have been running it HARD AND IT USES less than .96 gallon per hour which is amazing, thank you Kubota. I am going to have Creek County increase the hydraulic pressure and I will be happy. The cab on this machine is sealed very nice. I was initially amazed by this machien, but I was soon brought down to reality!!

Short hood, short tractor, good power "cool" I was wrong. I was always baffled by why our John Deeres had such long hoods, well if you use a tractor for what it was made to use it for, you will know a JD has a 2' air box to filter out the muck. I have put this TYM throught things most tractors will never see. I bought a 6' RedHawk medium duty brush hog, and it pulled 10' tall weeds with NO PROBLEM until the radiator and condesor got dirty, and it started running warm. The next day I hooked up my Rhino Gyro 72", if you do not know the "balls" it takes to run this mower than do not ask, it did fine, but it was a load to recover the rpm on large trees. My observation the tym 451 is a great machine, it loves to mow, it loves to blade. I installed a pre-filter system on this tractor tonight, to finish mowing this 50 acres tomorrow, and I hope it will keep the condensor and radiator free of debris.

I also tinted my windows to 15%, it went from cooling the cab from 20deg above ambient to 30deg, it was expensive, but it did help. "the heat is in the floor".

More to come, sorrry for the long email and bad grammer. Just trying to share. Tire size controversy coming next!!!!!

/ TYM 451 REVIEW CONTINED #2  
I'm not so sure the radiator clogging thing is such a unique "Achille's Heel". That is a pretty common problem with lots of other tractors when mowing n the summer and in dry conditions around the time that grass seeds and other debris are in the air.