TYM T503/603 HST cab --vs-- Mahindra 5010/6010

/ TYM T503/603 HST cab --vs-- Mahindra 5010/6010 #1  

TSO

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1652 HST Cab
They are the same machines with slight differences. Daedong vs Perkins engines, different loaders, a few different options .... but otherwise the same.

When I bought my LS, the choice was easy between the LS brand and New Holland, because the LS brand offered more options, stronger loader, for thousands less.

In researching on the topic of the strongest tractors with HST & cab, these two come up ... but what are the factors that would make one the better choice over the other?

/ TYM T503/603 HST cab --vs-- Mahindra 5010/6010 #2  
Mahindra, hands down. Like you said, on paper they are fairly equal. I think the decisions comes down to support and reliability. I don't mean local dealer support either like so many here harp on. I mean corporate backing and long term parts support. Mahindra is well established and has a strong place in the market. TYM is floundering and has mimnimal sales numbers under their own nameplate, and I doubt will last much long as direct sales company, but will probably exist as a contract builder for other's compact tractors. TYM just doesn't have the sales numbers and corporate backing that Mahindra does.

I too bought an LS4047H, I realize they are somewhat like TYM in that they are trying to climb and find their place in the North American market. But LS is doing a much better job at moving product and seems to have a much happier owners group with very little issues compared to TYM.

i wouldn't get hung up on the Perkins engines being in the TYM. The perkins of today is not the perkins of the 60 and 70's that were made famous in the Massey's.

/ TYM T503/603 HST cab --vs-- Mahindra 5010/6010 #3  
When I was looking at Mahindras, I looked at the Tym too. I couldn't see any difference except the engine.

I decided to eliminate the Tym early on because the dealer mainly handles Chinese and gray market tractors (in addition to Tym) and I had no confidence they would be in business long term.

The Mahindra dealer, on the other hand, has been in business a long time as a New Holland dealer, and picked up Mahindra a few years ago.