Types of Fluids for my DK50

/ Types of Fluids for my DK50 #1  

whitmerlegacyfarm

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Kioti DK50SE HST w/ 401 Loader
Hey guys quick question is there ne certain type or brand antifreeze i should b using in my dk50? And also wat type of hydraulic fluid is best? Thanks all

/ Types of Fluids for my DK50 #2  
I'm not sure if your owners manual advises but for my CK30hst, my manual advises regular yellow color antifreeze. I've been using Prestone for the past 6 years with no problems.
For the common sump and hydraulics, you'll need 9 gallons of hydro fluid. I've used Shell Donax TD, a 10W-30 multi weight hydro fluid, and it works great even when the temps hit 0'F. There's also Pennzoil Hydra Trans, Mobile Fluid 424, Texaco TDH Oil, Exxon Hydraul 560, Exxon Torque Fluid 56, BP TracTran UTH, and Citgo Mystik JT-5 Universal.

/ Types of Fluids for my DK50 #3  
You want whatever Hydro/trans fluid to be UTF (Universal Tractor Fluid WITH wet brake lubricants).
Since you have a HST trans the combination of fluid characteristics is important.

/ Types of Fluids for my DK50 #4  
CM made a good point about fluid characteristics. I bought some of the Traveler's premium hydraulic fluid at TSC to top off mine. If in doubt, I look for the Kutoba UTD or the John Deere Hydraguard J20C compliant/compatability fluids....which the Traveler's Premium meets. Hope this helps?:D