Upgrade from Massey GC1710 in the next year some questions around HP vs transmission power on HST

/ Upgrade from Massey GC1710 in the next year some questions around HP vs transmission power on HST #11  
The Kioti weighs like 3000 lbs, the Kubota 2000.
I will likely get a cab.

I am dubious of 25-horsepower ability to move 3,000 pounds, plus an 800 pound cab and power heat and air conditioning up steep slopes.

I think you need 35-horsepower to 40-horsepower.

Research carefully if any of the tractors you are considering have adjustable rear wheel/tire stance. Rear wheel spread is the #1 factor promoting tractor stability on slopes. Then rear tire ballast.

My Kubota 'Grand L' L3560 has adjustable two part rims when either R1/ag or R4/industrial tires are ordered. l would not order a tractor for slopes knowing that aftermarket wheel spacers were need for stability or to provide room for tire chains.

Last edited:
   / Upgrade from Massey GC1710 in the next year some questions around HP vs transmission power on HST #12  
I sold a MF 1723eb and figured out I still need a tractor. My kioti 4210 should be here in a week or so. Probably a little overkill for my 3 acres

/ Upgrade from Massey GC1710 in the next year some questions around HP vs transmission power on HST #13  
yes.

/ Upgrade from Massey GC1710 in the next year some questions around HP vs transmission power on HST #14  
Keep your little tractor and buy an older large tractor for low price. Then you have more choices, more versatility and more fun

/ Upgrade from Massey GC1710 in the next year some questions around HP vs transmission power on HST #15  
Whatever you buy, get all four tires filled with RimGuard for ballast.

As others have suggested: contracting this out may be better. For those steep grades people like Ventracs Slope Mowing