Upgraded tractor time for different blower?

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #11  
Understandable.....

I have a Lucknow 84 rear mount and a 10 foot county plow on the front for snow removal. If I cannot push it, I blow it. Yes, hydraulic chute rotator and angle adjustment.View attachment 618183

Lucknow is a rugged blower, my brother has an 8 1/2ft on his Ford 7710, that thing is a beast..

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #12  
....................................My previous 3pt blower got sold as it was to small by a foot when I upgraded tractors..................................

I widened mine to fit the bigger (L4240) tractor and used it last Winter. Although it's fun to throw a big rooster tail of snow, the 8' front blade on it outshines the blower so much that I plan to sell it with the L3200. For the places I clear the blower is a novelty more than a necessity. Not sure what to put on the back of the 4240 in that case. Maybe nothing or a scraper blade.

Attachments

• IMG_4745.JPG
    IMG_4745.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4744.JPG
    IMG_4744.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4643.JPG
    IMG_4643.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4819.JPG
    IMG_4819.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 114
   / Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #13  
I widened mine to fit the bigger (L4240) tractor and used it last Winter. Although it's fun to throw a big rooster tail of snow, the 8' front blade on it outshines the blower so much that I plan to sell it with the L3200. For the places I clear the blower is a novelty more than a necessity. Not sure what to put on the back of the 4240 in that case. Maybe nothing or a scraper blade.
I upgraded from a L3200 to a L4060hstc, so I can really relate. The 60" blower wasn't super heavy duty so I figured upgrading it with wings might be a bit more force than it would take, especially on a heavier Grand.

The 8' blade has been decent enough. I really need to rebuild the mount with float as it's fixed. I like the compact setup on yours with the back of the frame up closer to the tractor. Palling on doing a similar build at some point.

We do get some big drifting here in Colorado at times so I still would like a blower. Photos include a 5 ton military truck as well as before & after pictures of a lifted F350 from the bomb cyclone this spring. I was able to dig things out with the blade in most cases, but it was super slow & a bucket would have been as effective. A blower would have chewed through things way better.20190314_123839.jpg20190314_133919.jpg20190314_163700.jpg20190314_143905.jpg

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #14  
I have a mile long gravel driveway. We do not get gigantic snows( 14" or less ) and it does not drift here. My first tractor was a Ford 1700 4WD. It was not heavy enough to clear the berms that would form with a rear blade only. You don't clear the berms, on both sides of the driveway, with a FEL bucket. At least, not on a mile long driveway. So...I got a 3-point blower. Throwing/casting snow was fun. EXCEPT for the sore neck and shoulders.

In 2009 I upgraded to my current Kubota M6040. I have a uber heavy Rhino rear blade on the 3-point. The combined weight of the tractor - 10,100 pounds - plus the Rhino rear blade - I can now keep the driveway clear and full width.

Once again I enjoy blading snow on a cold, crisp winter morning. My Kubota is open station. So you will see me all decked out in Eddie Bauer down.

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower?
I figured I'd post the conclusion to the original post... I ended up picking up a used 74 CSH blower and subframe for my Boomer 50. An orange dealer around 2 hours away had a trade-in tractor with blower and was willing to separate. Thought about it for over two weeks, then had to make a trip that direction anyway. Test fitted everything, then pulled it all down and gave it a coat of POR-15. Listed my like new SB1064 Landpride on Marketplace last night. The cost difference between what I can sell the LP for and what I paid for the used front mount will be in the range of 1500-2000. I also sold my 6' back blade and picked up a 8'. So between the two I'm set! Thanks for all the feedback.

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #16  
So I致e upgraded from a NH T1520 open shuttle shift to a used 2018 NH Boomer 50 Cab Hydro ( aka LS XR4150HC) with 60 hrs. I have a Land Pride SB64 rear blower that is 4 years old. The Snow blower doesn稚 have hydraulics on it. Looking through the LP parts book, the kit to convert it is discontinued, although I haven稚 called a dealer to confirm.

Options:

1. Sell and replace with larger blower with hydraulics. I壇 probably go 84?
2. Rig up a cylinder to turn the chute or try and source the kit
3. Front mount 72 blower for 7-9k. I do have a mid pto. Not seeing any used on Tractor House. I believe I壇 need both a frame and the blower?
4. Get out and rotate it manually?

Asphalt driveway is 500 long, parking pad that痴 30x30. Also blow a path to the pole barn that痴 200 of grass.

I also have a 5 rear blade, but would like a wider one so it can be angled and cover the tire width. Depending on the forecast i値l use the blower first then finish with the blade.

Option 3 would allow me to have the blade on the back at the same time so that痴 appealing. 9k isn稚 appealing.

So while it痴 only August, it痴 a couple months away. I think option 3 is good for the long term, keep looking for a used one, but what about the short term? What would you do in my shoes?

I知 really excited about a cab for snow removal!:dance1:

I recommend the Woodmaxx snowblower.

/ Upgraded tractor time for different blower? #17  
I figured I'd post the conclusion to the original post... I ended up picking up a used 74 CSH blower and subframe for my Boomer 50. An orange dealer around 2 hours away had a trade-in tractor with blower and was willing to separate. Thought about it for over two weeks, then had to make a trip that direction anyway. Test fitted everything, then pulled it all down and gave it a coat of POR-15. Listed my like new SB1064 Landpride on Marketplace last night. The cost difference between what I can sell the LP for and what I paid for the used front mount will be in the range of 1500-2000. I also sold my 6' back blade and picked up a 8'. So between the two I'm set! Thanks for all the feedback.

I don't see any pics. We need proof. Well really we just like pics.:)