Upgrades to my 2425

/ Upgrades to my 2425 #1  

Tchamp

Silver Member
Tractor
Power trac PT-2422
Been having the issues known for the hard starts from my PT when it’s cold and decided to do something about it. I purchased a 700 cc amp battery and bought some welding cable and new ends from Napa and custom made a set of cables for the little beast. It seems to have resolved my problems. I think that with the smaller battery it was not getting enough power to the coils to get a good spark as well as turning over very slow. Now it turns over faster and fires off much quicker. The battery and tray on my unit had been moved to the outside of my PT before I bought it. it was also was using the small cable leads you would get from any auto part store and I think that they restricted the amperage flow to the starter. It is much better now.
IMG_2746.JPG
IMG_2747.JPG
IMG_2749.JPG
IMG_2749.JPG

/ Upgrades to my 2425
Been having the issues known for the hard starts from my PT when it’s cold and decided to do something about it. I purchased a 700 cc amp battery and bought some welding cable and new ends from Napa and custom made a set of cables for the little beast. It seems to have resolved my problems. I think that with the smaller battery it was not getting enough power to the coils to get a good spark as well as turning over very slow. Now it turns over faster and fires off much quicker. The battery and tray on my unit had been moved to the outside of my PT before I bought it. it was also was using the small cable leads you would get from any auto part store and I think that they restricted the amperage flow to the starter. It is much better now. View attachment 837900View attachment 837901View attachment 837902View attachment 837903

Update, it’s in the 20s here this morning and I left PT outside, started right up without any problems.

/ Upgrades to my 2425 #3  
Great job. One thing to consider is a product like a copper shield as it prevents corrosion, promotes conductivity etc, so the clean connections you made, will stay that way. It can be expensive but what I have seems like it will last a lifetime. Amazon.com

/ Upgrades to my 2425 #4  
Great job. One thing to consider is a product like a copper shield as it prevents corrosion, promotes conductivity etc, so the clean connections you made, will stay that way. It can be expensive but what I have seems like it will last a lifetime. Amazon.com
Great stuff! I use it wherever I really want to count on a connection.

For me, it is like anti-seize; I seem to transfer it everywhere, even when I am trying to be careful.

All the best,

Peter

/ Upgrades to my 2425 #5  
I seem to transfer it everywhere, even when I am trying to be careful.
Roger that, the gift that keeps on giving, especially on exposed battery terminals.