Used Litter

/ Used Litter #11  
We used to have five cats before a bobcat decided to make lunch out of one.:mad: They all stay inside at night and are out during the daytime. When I till up my garden, they are convinced I do that just for their benefit and they leave me little "prizes" everywhere. With healthy cats, I doubt any problems with that. Raccoons, possums, deer, coyotes and a gazillion insects have contributed their excrements for eons. I do know people who put both kitty litter and dog poop into their compost piles. You might not want to use that compost for food, but it probably wouldn't hurt you if it was finished properly. It would make good flower bed compost for sure. Did I fail to mention that our cats love our fluffy flowerbed soils too?:rolleyes: Gardening gloves are recommended.;)

/ Used Litter #12  
I do know people who put both kitty litter and dog poop into their compost piles. You might not want to use that compost for food, but it probably wouldn't hurt you if it was finished properly.

Exactly. The issue with any poop is it has to be fully composted.

/ Used Litter #13  
I toss out used litter and spread it on the ground in an area far away from well water sources or where kids would play.

As for clean litter, I buy the cheapest kitty litter for the garage to clean up oil spills.
It works as well or better than speedi dry and is cheaper.

/ Used Litter #14  
We have three cats that stay inside all winter and outside during the day all summer. We use it to fill groundhog holes. They don't care for it much!:D