Using smaller rear AG tires on Kubota B3030

/ Using smaller rear AG tires on Kubota B3030 #1  

buffdan

Tractor
Kubota B3030
I have a Kubota B3030, which is specified to use 12.4-16 rear ag tires, and 7-12 ag front tires.
Do you see issues with using 11.2-16 rear ag tires/wheels with 7-12 ag front tires/wheels.
Bolt holes matching.

Thanks,
Dan

/ Using smaller rear AG tires on Kubota B3030 #2  
The front wheels are already set to rotate slightly faster than the rears in 4wd. Putting a smaller wheel on back without reducing size of the front is going to make the fronts rotate even faster than rears. Not sure if it would cause any axle or gear damage, but it will cause more rapid tire wear on the fronts.

/ Using smaller rear AG tires on Kubota B3030
Thanks for your reply Dennis.
I should have mentioned that I would use the AG tires only when doing field work, which shouldn't amount to too many hours per year.
I currently have turf tires which are not very effective doing field type work with boxblade, etc.
These are secondary set to be use to clean up my back area, etc.

Dan

/ Using smaller rear AG tires on Kubota B3030 #4  
Front tires are still going to spin in the dirt and accumulate more wear. Guess it all depends on how often you run these smaller tires, if in 4WD all the time when you do. Not saying it can't be done but just want you to be aware of the cons.

If you got a good buy on those rears, check with Kubota dealer (or most any dealer) to see what a pair of 6 X12 fronts would run. A few years ago I bought a pair for my B8200 that rims were wore out. I bought tires and wheels already mounted for around $150.

/ Using smaller rear AG tires on Kubota B3030
I picked up the set, with loaded rears for $350.
The rears still have lot of life in them.
The fronts are not the best shape..
Good suggestion on smaller fronts..

I am concerned about damage to front drive though.

Dan