UTV Tracks

/ UTV Tracks #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
After this winter's heavy and frequent snows, I'm kicking around the idea of getting tracks for my Gator 855D. With the tires, it's been pretty much unless this winter.
My neighbor also has a Gator (gas version) which has been stuck on the field below the house twice this year...for a week at a time.
My usage of the Gator is mostly yard and field clean up and driving to the little range I have set up on the field. I don't have any intention on cruising the VAST trails as I think the Gator is too wide for them...

So, experiences (good and bad) with tracks on a UTV?

/ UTV Tracks #2  
We've been using track pods for about 10 years or more and have many, many hours on them. We've had poor luck with Camso products, so we can't recommend them. We'd not use them in mud or water, just in snow. As long as you remove them for summer use, they are gold.

/ UTV Tracks
We've been using track pods for about 10 years or more and have many, many hours on them. We've had poor luck with Camso products, so we can't recommend them. We'd not use them in mud or water, just in snow. As long as you remove them for summer use, they are gold.

By "poor luck", can you explain a bit more? Did the tracks fail? Excessive wear?

I searched for Track Pods...no hits? Would you please post a link?

/ UTV Tracks #4  
We've had two sets made by Camoplast or now they are called Camso. We found them to have poor bearing seals and poorly designed in general, is how we'd describe them. In the set of Tatou's that we still have, they far exceeded there original cost, in repairs to them. We have consequently switched to Soucy products.

Here is a thread concerning there Camoplast/Camso failures. Tatou 4S Track Issues

/ UTV Tracks
We've had two sets made by Camoplast or now they are called Camso. We found them to have poor bearing seals and poorly designed in general, is how we'd describe them. In the set of Tatou's that we still have, they far exceeded there original cost, in repairs to them. We have consequently switched to Soucy products.

Here is a thread concerning there Camoplast/Camso failures. Tatou 4S Track Issues

Thanks for the response!'

Soucy has been my first choice...rather expensive though. During the winter months, the Gator (no cab, but we dress for the weather in Vermont) doesn't get that much use...