value of used CUT

/ value of used CUT #11  
In my area there are several guys that buy JD and sell them after three years. They then go out and buy a new one. After spending the better part of two years at sale auctions and answering ads I gave up.

The final straw was at a consignment auction. There was a two year old 4300 with 650 hours on it. I had tried to buy it from the owner before he traded it in to a Deere dealer. I then tried to buy it from the dealer but they decided to put it in an as is auction instead. That way they did not have to worry about any repairs down the road.

That tractor sold for $3000 less than what I paid for my new 4300 with the same equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Now I know why the dealers send these units to the consignment auctions.

/ value of used CUT
According to machinerylink (above), New Holland TC29D prices are:

1999 $13,382
2000 $14,262
2001 $15,345
New retail $16,930

I just priced a new one and they told me $14,007. I don't remember what I paid for mine 3 years ago, but I'm pretty sure it was more than that! I think it was around $14,200. I'll look it up when I get home tonight.

/ value of used CUT
I paid $14,060 in April 2000.

/ value of used CUT #14  
The problem with values is they depend on where you are located. If you have a 65HP tractor and you are on a small farm in the middle of suburbia you aren't going to get what you want for it. The other problem is that most "Blue Books" are based on MSRP, we all know that very few people buy for MSRP. If you want scared have a dealer look up the value on a 2 year old riding mower!! OUCH!!

KO

/ value of used CUT #15  
IF the propmotional 0% financing incentives went away, I think folks would be willing to pay at or close to some of the above mentioned figures. My experience has been save a few grand on a 3-10 yr old CUT and pay the difference at 7-10% financing. It's great to be poor, means you can buy NEW for what a used/financed unit would cost. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif