Van overheating, ideas?

/ Van overheating, ideas? #21  
I agree with Normde2001.......Year, Make, Model, Engine size, Miles, can make a lot of differance when trying to trouble shooting a problem.

Ronald

/ Van overheating, ideas?
wow, sorry for my absence. I went out of town to help my dad. He rented a Terramite loader/backhoe and needed someone to operate it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Update on the Van: Bro in law had put that coil cleaning stuff in and it foamed up. He did it again. Long story short, he's taken it for a test drive and he said it was substantiall better.

In fact, he said it was "fixed" as in it was showing normal operating temp.

He left 1 week ago to drive back to New Orleans. My understanding is he's made it fine. I DID suggest to him at one point that it'd be relatively easy to remove radiator to have it professionally cleaned and if needed recored.

As he was leaving the next day he just said it was a good idea

( /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )

He took it upon himself to drive home and that's what he did. I'm left to presume all is well.

Above it was mentioned bad bearings because of two replaced clutches. Just as an aside, my understanding is he chose to replace the clutches in an effort to fix this problem. My guess is the clutches were fine in reality and he was just looking under the wrong rock for the problem.

Anyways, he's gone & all *seems* well. Again, sorry for being so late to respond.

I'll go make some comments on the terramite

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif