Veermer 840 Discpro

/ Veermer 840 Discpro #1  

FarmGeezer

Tractor
Ford 4000 & Case?
Well first off let me do a short intro...I'm 63 and new to farming ( helping my 87 yr old uncle ). I do most of thr repair and stuff on his eq. I need to replace one of the hydraulic lines. Any thing I should be aware of that's out of the ordinary or is it just a simple R&R then top off the hydraulic tank and bleed it or is the system self bleeding? I looked on line but could not find any info on this procedure tonite. Thanks for your time. I'm glad I found this board .

Regards,

FarmGeezer

/ Veermer 840 Discpro #2  
Welcome,

No need to bleed anything. Probably wont lose enough fluid to need to add any either.

/ Veermer 840 Discpro
DT86 Thanks for the quick reply. Only one leaking but all 4 hoses that lead to the rear of the discbine are dry rotted. Uncle seems reluctant to replace all 4 ( I would ) but he's TIGHT! I figure why be penny wise and dollar foolish but that's just me. The other 3 hoses could last for the rest of the season or they could blow tomorrow...oh well time will tell.

Regards,
FarmGeezer

/ Veermer 840 Discpro #4  
I don't blame him, hoses aren't cheap! On the other hand, neither is downtime!

The hoses are actually braided steel inside the rubber coating, just because they are dry rotted on the outside doesn't necessarily mean they will fail soon. I've got hoses where the rubber is missing for several inches in places and are still in use, I've also had hoses that look fine blow out.

Watch out when handling the old hoses though, when the steel braided part does poke through it will cut you in a hurry.

/ Veermer 840 Discpro #5  
If this blown hose is on a lift cylinder then if the 840 hyd's is similar to the design of the TM800 which has master/slave cylinders to raise/lower cutter bar one may need to raise & lower cutter bar several times to purge air and get master/slave to operating correctly.

/ Veermer 840 Discpro
Dt86 and Tx Jim, hanks for the heads up on those issues. I'm familiar with "steel braided lines" and always wear mechanics gloves. (saves the fingers).

Regards,
FarmGeezer:thumbsup: