Ventrac 4500 and California Wildfire YouTube

/ Ventrac 4500 and California Wildfire YouTube #1  

ponytug

Tractor
Power Trac PT1445
Nice Ventrac owner YouTube video on the recent California fires and how owning a Ventrac 4500 helped.

All the best,

Peter

/ Ventrac 4500 and California Wildfire YouTube
Nice video.

Almost as good as a Power Trac. :D
I have to admit to the same thought as I watched the front loader in action. (Case of having a hammer and every problem looks like a nail?) :laughing:

But it certainly made me appreciate what I have, and he clearly gets it to work for him. A friend lost fences around two thousand acres of grazing, and I can only imagine how many charred railroad ties that is. Around here, many of us have wire fences that are 100+ years old, and many of the old growth Redwood posts and battens have char marks on them from surviving past fires. Several other friends lost whole ranches, despite having survived several wildfires recently. These fires came up quickly, burned large areas, and came when firefighting resources were already spread very thinly in a number of states (OR, NV, AZ, CO). That left many of us dealing with worst case scenarios.

One big takeaway that he carefully makes is that you have to prepare for fire long in advance, with concrete and fire resistant areas around the immediate vicinity of the home, and methods to reduce the intensity of the wildfire by grazing or mowing the surrounding area. The chain of surviving fire is only as strong as its' weakest link, whether that is a grassy meadow, an attic or crawl space vent, or a deck, or a poorly designed or uncleared roof or gutter. Tractors able to care for slopes are an important tool in the toolbox. Ventrac 5400, Power-Trac, Aebi...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

All the best,

Peter