Ventrac sold to Toro

/ Ventrac sold to Toro #11  
Good point.

/ Ventrac sold to Toro #12  
Toro bought Exmark and didn't screw it up. I have a Toro ZT which is basically an Exmark, but I liked it better since it has the Kawasaki engine which wasn't offered in the Exmark I believe. I think Toro also made the riding mowers for New Holland.

I purchased (and still own) a 2001 eXmark with a Kawasaki 25 HP engine

/ Ventrac sold to Toro #15  
This got me thinking and I had to check on the Dingo. It too was an Austrailian company that Toro bought. I wonder if we could see the Ventrac rebranded.

/ Ventrac sold to Toro #17  
Why is that?

General Sheet metal has had a contract with Toro and eXmark for a long time making decks for both of them. I knew the owner of the company for many years. He had an eXmark at his home, too. They had a factory on Main St for a very long time. They built a factory in Wisconsin to be closer to Toro. And they have a new factory on the NW side of South Bend.

/ Ventrac sold to Toro #18  
Wheel Horse was headquartered in South Bend, too. Just down the street from General Sheet metal.

Wheel Horse - Wikipedia

They were purchased by American Motors Corp (AMC), sold to Munn, then sold to Toro, and the Wheel Horse brand ceased around 2007.

/ Ventrac sold to Toro #19  
I bought a brand 520-H in 1988, sold it finally about 12 years ago.

Muttons, the Ft Wayne dealer had to repaint the hood, the first year the paint started de-laminating in sheets.....