Ventrac Throttle Mod

/ Ventrac Throttle Mod #1  
Tractor
TN75DA
Hi All

We have a Ventrac 4200 (with a 72 inch offset deck) which we operate on hilly, bumpy ground ...

As any Ventrac owner knows, the throttle is a right-hand joystick. On hilly ground, when turning say from downhill to cross-hill, the machine is accelerating due to gravity, necessitating active throttling down (there goes the right hand). That leaves the steering to the left hand alone, which can be, well, busy when it's hilly and bumpy!

I have a steering wheel spinner, purchased on the weekend, which I have yet to install. That may help, instead of just palming the wheel while maintaining balance and seat position.

What I would like is a forward/reverse rocker foot throttle such as can be found on a Toro yard tractor. Has anyone here ever carried out such a mod ... something like a rocker with cabling to the actual hand throttle, or some such?

Long Shot!!

John

/ Ventrac Throttle Mod #2  
John,

I also have the 4200 TD with 72" deck and hilly terrain.. even I cut in both low gear and high gear ranges depending upon the amount of slope.. I also added the foot controller Ventrac Foot Control Accessories which you can see on the web site.. in the spring assist mode (controller returns to neutral).. the foot controller is difficult to use.. but I prefer the power controller mode or the speed control mode (handle engaged all the way up).. which operates the controller with ease.. I consider the throttle the engine speed control (left side dash).... not the SDLA controller.. which operates the forward/backward and lift and aux controls with the right hand.. but that is just symantics.. The foot pedal was only about USD $ 80.. but I actually got it for cutting under my tress.. where I need one hand to guide branches over the ROPS.. I dont really need it for anything else as the controller in power assist or SPEED CONTROL mode is very easy to work.. and the steering I have gotten used to turning the wheel with my palm .. see some of my other posts for pics of my lawn.. I hope this helps.. they do make a foot controller.. but it works much easier in CRUISE - Power assist mode.. than the spring back to neutral mode..

Brian