Vermeer SC362 - Used Stump Cutter I Purchased Last Week

/ Vermeer SC362 - Used Stump Cutter I Purchased Last Week #11  
I see both have proprietary carbide teeth. Interesting. I'm pretty sure Green Manufacturing has refit mounts to mount their Wearsharp teeth as teeth, I'd love to have a Rayco myself but cannot afford one.

/ Vermeer SC362 - Used Stump Cutter I Purchased Last Week
Yes, he was very happy with the setup he has on his machines.

This contractor seemed to know stump grinding very well and was very helpful in giving tips regarding operating & maintaining Vermeer SC362 grinder, which he also operates on smaller jobs where space is limited.

He recommends staying with the SC362 original Yellow Jacket setup because according to him, it works very well for what it was designed for.

Less vibration due to 16 teeth vs. 6 in his opinion!

Going from 8 pairs of pockets to only three may result in more vibration if there is some wear in the boom & swing bushings?

Oh well, I will keep the set of Green Teeth cutters in place and do more "test grinding" soon.

Pockets.jpg Green Pockets2.jpg

/ Vermeer SC362 - Used Stump Cutter I Purchased Last Week #13  
The issue (besides vibration from the spaced out teeth and pockets) will be the fact that less cutters will require maximum wheel rpm constantly and tooth wear will be accelerated. When and if you do need new green teeth, PM me and I'll pick them up for you as I pay no sales tax on them (farm use) unlike on line where you probably will and they are very handy for me and I like visiting their shop and business. Good folks there. I have an open ag exempt account with them (exemption cert on file) like all my suppliers. When you do require them I suggest going to the Wear Sharp 700 series if you don't already have them. They are more substantial, have larger carbides as well and are indexable to 3 positions like all Green Teeth are. I very seldom run mine at rated (540) rpm, usually much less but still in the maximum torque range of the engine on the tractor simply because the tractor makes 90 pto at 540 and my grinder is rated for much less and I don't need to be tearing it up, it is new and guaranteed. I don't want to explore the guarantee of I don't have to.