waiting is the hardest part

/ waiting is the hardest part #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
I Just visited the dealer yesterday to pick up the owners manual. The tractor is there, the loader is there, but alas, no MMM. Factory is out of stock /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Dealer is trying to get one from another dealer, but if he can't he will substitute a Rear Finish Mower untill the MMM comes in /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. It should be delivered tuesday/ wednesday next week.

I will be out of town for the weekend which will make the time pass faster. Untill then, living vicariously thru TBN keeps me sane. I do plan on taking the day off work (assuming nice weather) when they deliver it.

/ waiting is the hardest part #2  
Tell dealer to sell you a rear mount mower.So easy to attach and remove. Get one with adjustable clevis type floating hitch blocks.
MUCH cheaper, mows the same.
No problems with bogging down etc.
Look into a First Choice unit. GREAT new product.
Half the price ( or possibly less ) than a midmount.
Parts MUCH less too.

Good luck !

/ waiting is the hardest part
Dealer carries Land Pride. Yes it IS 1/2 the price of the MMM. Looks like I'll have a chance to try it "risk free". Salesman said if I like it I can keep it, if not trade for the MMM. I have a lot of trees to mow around & am worried about looking backwards at the mower while going fowards with the tractor. I'm not knocking the RMM, just haven't had any experience with one. I am familiar with the MMM.

/ waiting is the hardest part #4  
<font color=blue>"I'm not knocking the RMM, just haven't had any experience with one."</font color=blue>

The first time I used a rear mount mower was at a Boy Scout camp. My troop was there for a week long resident camp, and the camp's tractor had died. I talked a friend of mine into loaning the camp his JD and rear mount mower. His only stipulation was that I would be the only person to operate it. I thought that was kind of funny, since I had never driven one before.

I spent the entire week mowing the camp, and I can tell you that after a half a day, I pretty much knew exactly where the mower was and how it would behave without having to look backward. Don't get me wrong - I still turned around a lot to watch. But that was just the natural thing to do, not because I felt that I had to do it.

It's easy to get use to, and like Pieterv said, they are a whole lot cheaper.

/ waiting is the hardest part #5  
Hazmat,
I'll echo the others point the Rear mount does an excellent job and will not take you long to get use to it, where you will most appreciate it is when you want to remove it much easier than the MMM. Have fun and be safe/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif