Wallenstein Fantastic Customer Support

/ Wallenstein Fantastic Customer Support #1  

Papper

Tractor
Kubota L3200
In 2017 I purchased a new Wallenstein BXM42 PTO Chipper and Shreader. I use the unit for my personal property clean up. It worked flawlessly for 5 years. I maintain it regularly myself.
Last fall I started hearing a high pitched squeal. After bringing it to the local Kubota Dealer (Max Gagne) they determined that the main rotor was damaged due to the fact that a keyway securing bolt had come lose. The repair is was out of warranty for a full year and very expensive (50% of the original cost). (main rotating part).

I appealed to Wallenstein directly since the problem had nothing to do with my usage or maintenance.
After providing pictures and answering several questions, Wallenstein decided to refund the entire cost of the parts. I agreed to pay for the labor.

Even though the BXM42 was out of warranty, Wallenstein stood behind their product. I am a customer for life.

/ Wallenstein Fantastic Customer Support #2  
More proof that “it never hurts to ask”.

/ Wallenstein Fantastic Customer Support #3  
In my opinion, the way costumers approach the manufacturers or dealers for warranty or out of warranty situations make an huge difference in the outcome of it.

This sure looks like a case where the OP approached all the parties the right way and was rewarded in the end.

/ Wallenstein Fantastic Customer Support #4  
Good to hear. I bought a Wallenstein splitter some years ago, and it has been flawless in operation.