Wanted Folding Roll Bar on 4105

/ Wanted Folding Roll Bar on 4105 #1  

goochy

Silver Member
Just bought a 2008 John Deere 4105 , the only thing I do NOT like , is the roll bar does NOT fold :mad:. Can I modify mine , or do newer 4105s have folding roll bars ? I saw a pic of a 2009 and it had a folding bar ? Going to call dealer to see if I can order a folding bar . It would fit in my garage IF the rollbar would fold .

/ Wanted Folding Roll Bar on 4105 #2  
I do believe you are SOL for the folding ROPS.

Can you modify yours? Well, anything can be modified. But you're on your own there...

/ Wanted Folding Roll Bar on 4105 #3  
The one JDParts shows say it's for the Australian market, but may be available here as well.

Attachments

• 4105.gif
    4105.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 700
   / Wanted Folding Roll Bar on 4105 #4  
Just bought a 2008 John Deere 4105 , the only thing I do NOT like , is the roll bar does NOT fold :mad:. Can I modify mine , or do newer 4105s have folding roll bars ? I saw a pic of a 2009 and it had a folding bar ? Going to call dealer to see if I can order a folding bar . It would fit in my garage IF the rollbar would fold .

If it were me I would modify it to fold. Obviously you need to know how to do this safely. Bear in mind that this will release Deere from the liability if it fails, so make sure it is done right for safety's sake. It isn't rocket science.

A good welding shop should be able to do this easily enough.

/ Wanted Folding Roll Bar on 4105 #5  
Check Femco for an aftermarket. Also, check to see if other tractors have same size/holes/mounts. The 2305 doesn't (or didn't) list a folding ROPS, but the next size up did, and they are interchangeable.

/ Wanted Folding Roll Bar on 4105 #6  
Was a resolution ever reached on this one? Will the 4110 rops fit on the 4105? or is a modification the solution.... i am asking as i am considering buying a 4105

/ Wanted Folding Roll Bar on 4105 #7  
oops i meant to reference the aussie model not the 4110.. sorry for the confusion.