Warm days = food plot growth!

/ Warm days = food plot growth! #1  

Coyote

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2000B & Skat Trak 1300D skid steer
The last warm spell and a little rain have done wonders for my secret patch of oats! The two pictures show the plot and then the woods they were carved out of! The creatures love it!

Attachments

• oats2.jpg
    oats2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 502
  • woods before plot2.jpg
    woods before plot2.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 387
   / Warm days = food plot growth! #2  
Man, them woods and secret location look perfect for makin' some good ol' corn squeezins. :)

/ Warm days = food plot growth! #3  
How about a little more details. How big is it? Did you disk it first, or do anything to the soil? What type of activity are you seeing in there?

It looks very, very nice!!!

Eddie

/ Warm days = food plot growth!
It's small, maybe 1/4 acre. I like to put these deep in the woods, only me and the critters know it's there. The trail in takes a few turns and is only wide enough to get the tractor in. You can walk right past it and not know it's there. After cutting trees and pulling stumps I disk it up real good. Soil is good ole North Carolina red clay! So I limed it heavily and fertilized with 10-10-10. Deer, turkey and rabbits are frequent visitors. I rotate crops through these secret spots, peas one year, food plot mix, one year, oats etc.

EddieWalker said:
How about a little more details. How big is it? Did you disk it first, or do anything to the soil? What type of activity are you seeing in there?

It looks very, very nice!!!

Eddie

/ Warm days = food plot growth!
Send me your grandpa's recipe and I'll see what I can do!

heymack said:
Man, them woods and secret location look perfect for makin' some good ol' corn squeezins. :)

/ Warm days = food plot growth! #6  
Hello,

This thread has been moved to the new Food Plot Forum. :thumbsup: