Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #51  
Simpler is better I have decided.

I have never owned a UTV but since retiring from my paying job last year Ive been looking and of course TBN is a great resource.

Wife actually told me once to just buy another tractor if I was going "to spend THAT much on it" talking about a UTV. I have a farm truck but keep going back to how much fun a gator or something like that would be.

Biggest drawback on all of the ones I've seen is the bed is too short. It needs to be an 8' bed to be to be really considered a Utility vehicle.

Take a look at one of the Can Am UTV’s - they have one with a longer bed.

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #54  
I have a 2011 Kawasaki Mule that started having power issues. The fuel pump was dying and a new one from Kawasaki costs $700 I searched on Amazon for the same model number and found an aftermarket one for $170 that had great reviews. it's a ten minute job to take out the original one and put in the new one. The difference was night and day better with more power and speed!!!

I have no idea how long it will last. It's guaranteed for 30,000 hours, so we'll see. I just wanted to put this out there in case somebody else needs a part and doesn't want to pay what the factory is charging. There might be a significant savings by looking around.

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #55  
I have a 2011 Kawasaki Mule that started having power issues. The fuel pump was dying and a new one from Kawasaki costs $700 I searched on Amazon for the same model number and found an aftermarket one for $170 that had great reviews. it's a ten minute job to take out the original one and put in the new one. The difference was night and day better with more power and speed!!!

I have no idea how long it will last. It's guaranteed for 30,000 hours, so we'll see. I just wanted to put this out there in case somebody else needs a part and doesn't want to pay what the factory is charging. There might be a significant savings by looking around.

Was the fuel pump an external one? Or internal?

A friend has a John Deere Gator 825i that the fuel pump failed. It is in the fuel tank. John Deere list is $140, but it has new P/N and list of other parts you have to change driving the price to almost $500. The old P/N is available on eBay for $60. I am guessing JD sold off the obsolete P/N pump in a large lot.

My 1996 2510 Kawasaki Mule has had fuel pump issues. I have not priced a new pump. Last time it would not start, I traced it to no fuel.External pump had 12volts, but not running/pumping. I hit it with a hammer to jar the brushes, temporary fix, that has lasted a few months now.

I will probably go aftermarket for a new pump.

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #58  
Was the fuel pump an external one? Or internal?

A friend has a John Deere Gator 825i that the fuel pump failed. It is in the fuel tank. John Deere list is $140, but it has new P/N and list of other parts you have to change driving the price to almost $500. The old P/N is available on eBay for $60. I am guessing JD sold off the obsolete P/N pump in a large lot.

My 1996 2510 Kawasaki Mule has had fuel pump issues. I have not priced a new pump. Last time it would not start, I traced it to no fuel.External pump had 12volts, but not running/pumping. I hit it with a hammer to jar the brushes, temporary fix, that has lasted a few months now.

I will probably go aftermarket for a new pump.

Fuel pump is inside the fuel tank, but super easy to get to. Just lift the seat, disconnect the wires and the fuel line and unscrew the 6 little bolts. I hate how expensive it is, but love how easy it was to replace.

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #59  
There is always a cost for using someone else's money. If that cost is less than the cost of using your own money (interest or opportunity cost) then it's possible but there is no free lunch and there is no free financing. It's made up in the price somewhere.

These tractor deals usually include some finance scheme to entice people into buying for the 'low down and 0% financing'. Cash may not always be the best way to buy because of all the built ins but in any normal transaction you are NOT going to use someone else's money without paying for it.

When I bought my Kubota in August, there was no finance charge. The price was divided by 60 and that was the monthly payment. I offered cash and it was the same cost. I choose to use Kubota痴 money and keep mine.

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #60  
Fuel pump is inside the fuel tank, but super easy to get to. Just lift the seat, disconnect the wires and the fuel line and unscrew the 6 little bolts. I hate how expensive it is, but love how easy it was to replace.

What model is your Mule?