Wash/rinse out fuel tank

/ Wash/rinse out fuel tank
No baffles in tank. The tank is (not measured) maybe 3 feet wide, 10 inches front/back and maybe 3 feet deep. All just eyeballed from memory. It is also welded as an integral part of frame, so there is no rotating tank unless I'm rolling machine end over end down hill /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I'll presume no one suggests that.

I did manage to finally get the fuel sending switch swapped out tonight, upon looking into that hole, found there IS some "crud" in bottom that I can't see via regular fill hole, but it doesen't seem to be much. Spoke to the dealer, they said all they do on this as standard proceedure is take water in pressure washer, spray away and then let it dry. What I might do is open up the (approx) 1 inch drain hole in it, spray away and when done, fill my garden sprayer with diesel and spray IT in there after the water to try to wash the water out the same hole.

Dealer also told me (man, these guys at Power Equipment are fantastic) that the transfer pump on side of motor has a filter screen in it. He suggested I look at it as it would probably have a bunch of muck in it. He was right, but I honestly dont think there was enough muck to cause starvation. Then again, little stoppage there, little scum in tank.. maybe it all adds up.

None the less, current gameplan is to finish installing the fuel sending switch (means putting cowling and dash back together), spray tank, rinse with diesel, dry and see what happens. I also bought another fuel filter today. I'll fill this up, run 1/2 or more tank though while working, then swap out to new filter to see if old filter (only 2 weeks old) has caught some of the cruds.

If after all this, I still get starvation... will a roots blower fit on one of these things? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif