Price Check Watch out for Green Price on Craigs'

/ Watch out for Green Price on Craigs' #1  

laen64

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335 SST;FERRIS IS 1500Z 25hp 52"
I found a 23 series Green 2007 w/FEl/5ft hawg & disk for 3100.00 Please be aware that any price to good to be true probably is. I thought it was a misquoute and sent an email to confirm and the guy responded with instructions for ebay$$$ WOW! I told him if the price is correct I'll pick it up on saturday. I recieved more instructions on sending $$ to EBAY! My point is please be careful there is scum out their looking to steal your hard earned money.

/ Watch out for Green Price on Craigs' #2  
This is a very common thing on Craigslist. They copy an ad from somewhere and repost it at every city in the country at an unbelievably cheap price and try to suck in bargain hunters. I had showed my wife who works at a credit union several of the ads and she was able to stop one of the credit union members from falling for it.
He came in trying to borrow money for the "deal of a lifetime" on a sports car, and she was able to talk him down. The car was in a different city, and the owner was willing to pay shipping and still sell it at a give away price etc.

She told him to email the person and tell them that he would be in the city on business and that he would come by and see the car. The deal all of a sudden disappeared, and the scammer stopped emailing him.

/ Watch out for Green Price on Craigs'
Yeah wouldn't you know I can't find an email from the guy today. and I'll be heading near the town in LA. this week end.

/ Watch out for Green Price on Craigs' #4  
When you email him ask him where in Nigeria he lives.;)

/ Watch out for Green Price on Craigs' #5  
HEY......I work in Nigeria!!!! Actually I really do. But you're right, many scams come from there.
The typical scam from the scum is the unbelievable price, they set up the deal for delivery, and say they will inform and go thru Ebay. Well, of course they copy and paste Ebay's pay page to get the money directly.
I saw one not too long ago, for a 2005 Kubota mini excavator for like 4,000. I played with him a bit, said I'd be there the next day with cash. They responded no, they just got burned by the last buyer for a cash deal and would only go thru Ebay!
I emailed back "no thanks, I found the same one for 3,000". They actually responded back, "OK, thanks!"
So BEWARE, these scammers are getting better every day....

/ Watch out for Green Price on Craigs'
Thanks lets all spread the word on this type of Manure!

/ Watch out for Green Price on Craigs' #7  
that is why if you can it sure is nice to go through a dealer to buy even used equipment.