Water in the fuel

/ Water in the fuel #11  
What are the names ofvthe products that you use, I also have 300 plus gallons and looking for suggestions on fuel additives

I use the Power Service products as follows:

Diesel fuel supplement in white bottle for water dispersement and stabilize, etc. 96oz/300gal.

BIO-Kleen Diesel fuel biocide to prevent microbial growth. 6oz/300gal

/ Water in the fuel #12  
1* I bought an aluminum (no rust worries) 105 gallon tank in a utility trailer.
Yesterday I was plowing and all of a sudden I lost power.
2*I checked the filter bowl and it was white - water - instead of red dyed fuel.
3*Apparently the filter works as a good water separator because it blocked the water at the bowl (I hope -
4* Has anybody else had problems?
5*Has anybody added a water separator that can be drained daily ?

6*You may have experienced the downside of purchasing and storing larger volumes of deisel.
7* Often times the source of moisture is the condensation from ambient air temperature changes, and bacteria love a deisel and water smorgasbord.
8* So keep an eye out for bacteria growing in your tank.
1*Nice.
2*You need to install a water seperating filter like this
100_2300.jpg

on your Alum Tank.
3*That's why you need a water seperating filter to prevent water from getting into your tractor in the first place.
4*I haven't but that's probably because my
100_2582.jpg
fuel storage system filters the fuel 3 times before it's ever dispensed into the tractors tank .
5*You won't need one if you filter the fuel before you put it in your tractor
6*That's only if one does not properly filter and treat their fuel.
7*See #6 above
8*See *6 above.

/ Water in the fuel
Great idea, LBrown59. I guess I have had too much experience working with large contractors who never know from one fill to the next which trucker is going to be bringing fuel to the job site. Here I have control over the fuel going into my tractor so putting the water separator on my tank is an excellent choice. Will look into that right away - hard freeze forecast tonight means winter is near and the next fillup is likely to sit a long time before it gets used up (although our winter air is so dry moisture probably won't be an issue).

/ Water in the fuel #14  
My sincere appreciation to the contributors to this thread. I have gained important info on the subject. Thanks again. Happy Tractoring.:tractor:

/ Water in the fuel #15  
For the last 15 or so years I have used a 50 gallon tank I purchased from TSC with a wobble pump. I have a water separating filter (Goldenrod) on the tank. When it becomes difficult to pump fuel that is a sign there is a significant amount of water in the filter and it needs to be changed. I change them annually anyway as a precaution. I have rigged and strap and eyebolt system to pick up the tank (I use a 3pt. boom) and load it into my pickup and take it to an off road diesel dealer to fill it up. I do store indoors in my garage/shop on rolling platform so I can move it around to fill the tractor and then into a corner after the fill. I am using more fuel now that I have purchased a larger tractor and may have to consider a larger tank and different system although I really like have the fuel indoors.