Ballast Weight box when???

/ Weight box when??? #41  
Yeah still working out a good place for the chainsaw. It fits behind the seat in the case but I'm Adrain of it falling off and want something better than a bungee holding it. I may bite the bullet and buy a box. :-(

If so, you can hang several weights on it for ballast. I hang 6 40 pound Deere weights on my rear blade for ballast and since that extra weight hangs off the back so far, it helps weigh the back down better than weight closer up. :confused2:

Attachments

• 8-30-10 044.JPG
    8-30-10 044.JPG
    922.8 KB · Views: 153
   / Weight box when???
I've got my 72" brush hog hanging off the back right now. It weighs 474 lbs. But sticks out so far that it makes it a little difficult to drive around. :-(

/ Weight box when??? #43  
I've got my 72" brush hog hanging off the back right now. It weighs 474 lbs. But sticks out so far that it makes it a little difficult to drive around. :-(

Boy, that's pretty light for a 72" mower (RFM or cutter). My 60" mower weighed about 450 lb and the 60" Land Pride cutter goes about 625-650 lbs.
And you're right...too long and too awkward for working ballast.

/ Weight box when??? #44  
Does Deere make a cat 2 ballast box?
These seem popular with compact tractor owners but I'm wondering about one for my 5210 with FEL. Although the rear tires are ballasted, I definitely could use more counter weight when using my FEL for stone, gravel, etc.
Are ballast boxes used by the mid-sized tractor owners?

John Deere does sell a CAT II ballast box. BW15852 $883 list last time I checked. Weighs 375lbs empty.

/ Weight box when??? #45  
Wow. That is enough to motivate me to make my own!
They're not just proud, they're VERY PROUD.
Thanks!