Weird Problem: My JD 4410 is stuck in the air

/ Weird Problem: My JD 4410 is stuck in the air #1  

loki

I was attaching the 4410 Backhoe, and the Rockshaft arm wouldn't align the pin. I figured that I could connect the hydraulics and jiggle it in. When I started the tractor, I realized that I hadn't unfolded the ROPS. The ROPS pressed against the levers, straightening out the dipstick and pressing the swing arm down. The tractor was lifted into the air. Now the ROPS has locked the Backhoe and the Backhoe has locked the ROPS. Sorry I don't have pictures because it would be comical if it weren't so tragic. Does anyone have any suggestions?

/ Weird Problem: My JD 4410 is stuck in the air #2  
Can you take the pivot bolts out of the ROPS?

/ Weird Problem: My JD 4410 is stuck in the air #3  
With proper jacking and blocking you may be able to loosen a coulping on a hydraulic hose enough to release enough pressure and SLOOOOOOWLY lower the hoe until you can put things back like they belong. Mind you this is extremely dangerous and messy. Have you called the John Deere dealer to see if they have any ideas? Good luck and be CAREFUL.

/ Weird Problem: My JD 4410 is stuck in the air
I hit the pivot bolts with a sledge hammer. At first they wouldn't come out. Finally, brute force won out: the ROPS detached and I am back on the ground. Thank you both for your suggestions. I am happy that I was able to use the safer one.

/ Weird Problem: My JD 4410 is stuck in the air #5  
If I understand correctly, I'd place blocking under the tires to stabilize the tractor. Then I'd carefully jack it up enough to remove some of the weight from the rops and place additional blocking under the tires. At that point, I'd take the pins out of the rops and remove it temporarily. Then I'd gently use the hoe to set it back down. I'd also recommend having a second set out of hands to help out and provide an extra margin of safety.

/ Weird Problem: My JD 4410 is stuck in the air #6  
loki-

Lucks like you got the job done while I was trying to add my $0.02 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Glad you were able to take care of the situation without any trouble.

/ Weird Problem: My JD 4410 is stuck in the air #7  
When I purchaced my tractor and BH, the dealer told me to put a 2x8 (or similar thickness 1-1/2") blocking where the bucket would contact the ground before removing the BH. Not sure if it has helped but I have never had and alignment problems getting the BH back on. Was your problem due to too much BH angle?